In Memoriam - Professional Hunter Erwin Kotze from Thormahlen & Cochran Safaris killed by Elephant

huntingbigun

AH veteran
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Patron NRA, SCI, KRVSA,
Hunted
USA (Fl, Ga, Tn, Kt,Sc, Al, Tx, Nm, Co, Mt, Wy), Canada (Alberta, Manitoba), New Zealand (north & South), South Africa (Kalahari, FreeSate, East Cape & Limpopa)
Reported on FB by African Sporting Expo

It is with great sorrow that we share the passing of ASE Exhibitor and friend, Professional Hunter, Erwin Kotze. Erwin was tragically killed today by a bull elephant. Details are still coming in.

Please keep Erwin's family and friends in your prayers. He always had a smiling face and the African Sporting Expo family will greatly miss him.

3309.jpg

Erwin Kotze was born in Rundu Namibia. His parents moved to northern Botswana where he grew up on a farm. Erwin has been hunting professionally since 2006. He joined Thormahlen & Cochran Safaris in 2008 as Master Hunting Guide. In 2009 he became a Professional Hunter.

Rest in peace dear friend!

If true prayers for all

Last edited by a moderator:
That's really sad to hear! I knew him, a real loss to the hunting community. Hard to believe he is gone. They always say the good die young. RIP

Very sad .... Our prayers go out to his family ...

that's very sad, I feel for all concerned

Our hearts and prayers go out to Erwins family........ Sad...... only met Erwin this year, may he rest in peace.....

My best always

Jaco,

My wife informed me that he is the guy we were hanging out with in reno this year. It sure looks like him but I'm hoping someone will tell me I'm wrong. This was a young guy and super nice.

Tell me the curly headed guy isn't the Erwin that got killed please.

Attachments

• phpic.JPG
    phpic.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 367
nevermind all toghether. My ph just let me know its him. that sucks. what do you say to something like that? just plain SUCKS!

He was a great young PH, he had a great personality. He loved his job, had a real passion for hunting.

Sad news.
My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

For sure Tap in this case I was with you and Jacques that evening..... Sad indeed..... did not even have the time to make mistakes and learn from them.....

My best to all.

Very sad indeed.
Rest in peace.

Very sad. My sincere condolences to the Kotze's Family and the people close to him.

Last edited:
My condolences to the Kotze's Family and friends may he RIP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rest in peace, Erwin. Our thoughts are with your loved ones. Keep me a place by the big tree.

RIP condolences to the Kotze family.

Very sad indeed. Thoughts go his family in this difficult times:(

Erwin was a great mate of mine. Will never forget the naughty student that he was. Always a smile on his face with a big heart. Erwin (Tazz) Kotze, Orion Residence and the whole of Pretoria Technicon students will miss you dearly and will defnitely never forget you. Our hearts goes out to your family. Boerka Sproeier

Sadly another great PH is gone. May God bless I'm and his family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg