In memoriam - John Wamback Professional Hunter Namibia has passed away

JoosR

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Articles
119784403_406268133687305_3893550843150684526_n.jpg

It is with deep regret and profound sadness that we inform you, PH John Wamback, from Namibia Pro-Guiding & Hunting Safaris has passed away on Saturday 10 July, due to Covid 19.

John was known as one of the big lions in the hunting industry and he will be missed by all. Our lives were changed forever when we met our friend John many moons ago. He was a force for good in this world and always surprised us with his friendly approach to others, no matter the situation. John lived a life full of adventure and vitality and this is how we will always remember him.

Our hearts are filled with sadness, but our memories are filled with smiles of the good times we shared over the years.

“Life every man holds dear; but the dear man holds honour far more precious dear than life.” Shakespeare

Sorry to hear of John's passing. My sincere condolences to his family and loved ones.

Very sad news. My heartfelt condolences to his family, friends, and the Namibian hunting community.

My deepest and most sincere condolences to his family and friends. Sad news.

Very sad new indeed. Condolences to his family and friends.

A finer man I have not met. John was always doing for others before himself and proud of his family and strong Christian beliefs. A trailblazer in the Namibian PH community leaving a legacy of fair chase and respect for the game. The hunting community is a better place because of him and I am proud to have called him a close friend for over 2 decades.

The bull in my avatar was with John in Coutada 10, Mozambique in 2002. Sleeping in small tents in his old buffalo camp in the flooded coastal plains. We seemed so young, then.

1626876500928.png

I am still trying to process the loss of this man whom I thought would never die.

1626876657798.png

God's speed, Bwana... I'll see you at the Gates of Glory

Ed Z
Cedar Park, Texas

View attachment 412614
It is with deep regret and profound sadness that we inform you, PH John Wamback, from Namibia Pro-Guiding & Hunting Safaris has passed away on Saturday 10 July, due to Covid 19.

John was known as one of the big lions in the hunting industry and he will be missed by all. Our lives were changed forever when we met our friend John many moons ago. He was a force for good in this world and always surprised us with his friendly approach to others, no matter the situation. John lived a life full of adventure and vitality and this is how we will always remember him.

Our hearts are filled with sadness, but our memories are filled with smiles of the good times we shared over the years.

“Life every man holds dear; but the dear man holds honour far more precious dear than life.” Shakespeare
Very very sad news ..we’ve hunted together in 1996 in namibia for thé 1st Time in our lives and it was fantastic … thank you John ..you wonderful man .
strange …i can not explain why i specially thought about you today after 25 years ,why i searched your name on thé internet to find that you died a fiew days ago…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg