I’m really Dumb!

hey all

ive sent a 270 down a 30-06, at a huge kudu bull, needless to say we spent ages looking for blood and nothing untill eventually i realised what i had done . obviously no kudu

My boss has a nice nice 30ft open fisherman while down in the fla keys a few years ago hooked a big tuna which attracted the sharks.ran and grabbed his AR crawled up on the tuna tower cycled a round in to it but was out of battery.thank God they invented the forward assist.crams in a shell bam cracked the upper into splinters.seems he got his 5.56 and 30 blackout mags mixed up.good news he only got his feelings hurt and core warrentied the rifle even after he told them the story

It "chambered" almost right up to the belt and wouldn't go any more. Just for kicks (no pun intended) I tried it again today and got the same results. I just compared the two rounds and the 7 has much less case taper than the 375 so it looks like it's hanging up on the chamber wall. The 7 is shorter and smaller so I don't see how it pushed the bullet back into the case. Anyone have any ideas?
Maybe you jammed it in there tight enough that when you tapped it out with the rod , the rod may have pushed the bullet back into the case?

Maybe you jammed it in there tight enough that when you tapped it out with the rod , the rod may have pushed the bullet back into the case?
That makes the most sense. The round was in pretty tight the first time. Second time I ran the bolt just far enough so it stopped. I pushed the round back out with a rod and there was no change in OAL.

Jamie, I got it wrong just phoned him it was a short 308 win round that ended up in a 25-06 chamber. OUCH!!!!

I saw that same thing at a range outside college station TX - .308 in a 25-06

This is why I don’t like visiting public ranges…. Especially a few weeks before deer season in Texas.

This individual was 2 lanes down from me when it happened and when it did everyone on the range instantly knew something BAD happened, because it sounded like a bomb went off.

The bolt on that Ruger M77 25-06 heavy barrel was forced open with a rubber hammer after the range officer ran a cleaning rod down the bore.
Apparently the failure vent hole combined with the bullet actually exiting the barrel kept the rifle from turning into a pipe bomb…. How the projectile made it down the barrel is beyond me but I’m glad it did!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrittGibb4

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross