Hunting Vehicle Must-Have's

good stuff kano
on the day l stuck them marks up ,I was pretty much exactly where you say ..........
im impressed ,bloke

but as the pom suggest im in a sardine can trying to catch fish.....
funnily enough im only 30 nm west of them lat/longs now , dodging humpback and southern wright whales all day ,

in Victoria that canopy would be laying on the track behind your bush basher in no time also .

but as the pom suggest im in a sardine can trying to catch fish.....

now bluey why dont you try to fish like our locals do? saves no end of time!! 2 of our scouts patrolling the river bank yesterday put some warning shots over some "fishermen" in a canoe who were "fishing" with explosives !! :mad: its very effective !!

sounds effective ,spikey......... once ............
personally myself l like to be able to milk my grounds ,you know a little at a time .
may sound silly to your Zambian fisherman . but this way I can keep doing what l do forever , as fisherman before me have been doing for the last 70 years .
not only is it practical ,but sustaining .........:D:D:D

reminds me of a bloke l know that lost his fierarms licence a couple of years ago , on the opening of trout season .
the then dse (department of sustainabillty and enviorment ) they have changed the departments name 3 time since then ..
caught him red handed trout fishing from a bridge with his 2 kids ,with a shot gun .
they would pull up at a bridge ,blaze away at any trout they could see from up top , then bolt down and pick up any stunned / shot trout .....

Last edited:
i think too much of a pain in the arse having to watch you dont remove it when you are driving off road trying to wind your way through the bush/trees etc. people can duck if you need to get under a branch but you are stuffed with that ............:)

Yep, that's what everybody told me, except that they had never tried it, and I said I'll try so at least I'll know what I'm talking about.

This car is in the bush most of the year, never had one single instance where the high back was a problem, and does not know it's not supposed to work...

Actually, there is one place where it sucks: can't go into the underground parking at the shopping mall. :D

After my trip this year, a few of the followings:

For the Bench seats:
I suggest a fabric in the bench seat that is not so slippery.
Possible seat belts, on the so called primitive trails.

For the back:
Cushioned gun rack to keep your rifle from bouncing around.
Extra step to climb into the back. Had to use the tire to reach the 1st step.

Additional Lights: For hunting Jackal and Porcupine.
A spot lights mounted for both sides.
Flood light and spot light.

Brush guard for the grill to keep the radiator clean, some of the trails we drove to get to the boonies had not been driven in a while.

An AC plug on the front for an electric chain saw for bushes (hell trees) in the road.

For the bed:
An electric winch and a drop down slide to assist in loading animals.

I am sure i could come up with a few more.
Like an electric cooler. Lets go for an ice maker also...

After my trip this year, a few of the followings:

For the Bench seats:
I suggest a fabric in the bench seat that is not so slippery.
Possible seat belts, on the so called primitive trails.

For the back:
Cushioned gun rack to keep your rifle from bouncing around.
Extra step to climb into the back. Had to use the tire to reach the 1st step.

Additional Lights: For hunting Jackal and Porcupine.
A spot lights mounted for both sides.
Flood light and spot light.

Brush guard for the grill to keep the radiator clean, some of the trails we drove to get to the boonies had not been driven in a while.

An AC plug on the front for an electric chain saw for bushes (hell trees) in the road.

For the bed:
An electric winch and a drop down slide to assist in loading animals.

I am sure i could come up with a few more.
Like an electric cooler. Lets go for an ice maker also...

jeez james what happened to keep it nice and simple?????? seatbelts????????didnt take you for a health and safety elf!!! ;):D

Spike, sliding from one side to the other on the bench seat as we went down these seldom used trails as we ducked the branches that tried to ripe me out the back, plus i had to contend with driving over the pebbles (boulders as big as me) and small ruts (looked like the grand canyon) in the trail at the same time, lead me to believe that seat belts, may constrain my ejection in the future. :)

Spike, sliding from one side to the other on the bench seat as we went down these seldom used trails as we ducked the branches that tried to ripe me out the back, plus i had to contend with driving over the pebbles (boulders as big as me) and small ruts (looked like the grand canyon) in the trail at the same time, lead me to believe that seat belts, may constrain my ejection in the future. :)

the tracks to get to the father of all kudu , are seldom smoothe , mate .....

A yetti cooler with ICE in it!

A gorgeous flight attendant.

A second truck as back-up if needed.
A gyro-stabilized shooting rest and bino holder.
A cup holder for my Rum and coke in the back with a snack dispenser

Landcruiser all the way... I have side coolers for easy access :)

image.jpg

Hi Mike

They stick out exactly 26cm. I have 4 depending on the number of guests on the back, so yes, both sides.

I got them built by Mr Bullbar in Bloemfontein.

They easy to clip on the inside too the roads are to narrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg