Howdy

Strausser

AH veteran
Joined
Aug 4, 2021
Messages
127
Reaction score
197
Location
Europe
G’day y’all.

English is not my first language so I mix and match wildly as you can see.

Anyhoo,newbie here with zero experience of hunting in Africa.

Unlike most,it seems,it’s never been a dream of mine to hunt there,but I might tag along with a friend.

I do find the calibers and guns associated with hunting in Africa interesting though.

While I have not seen one in real life,oryx seems to be the most beautiful animal there.To my eyes.

The Warthog is anything but,but it is an animal I’d like to hunt,along with croc.

And ostrich.

One friend mentioned that he wants to hunt in Namibia,so I’ve been on an internet spree to learn about the country,it’s history,animals and hunting there.

Guess that’s about it for now,stupid questions to follow later.
 
Welcome to AH Strausser! Since you're looking for info on Namibia, here is a thread for you to check out:

Enjoy exploring the site.
 
Giday Strausser and welcome to the A H forums. For anything and everything hunting and firearms related there is an authoritative membership here who are always able to give good information from experience.
 
Welcome to AH Strausser.
Namibia is a great country to hunt. I shot three gemsbok and saw a lot of warthogs when I was there in ‘18.
 
Hello Strausser,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.
 
G'day from Australia.

Have fun reading.

I think you are saying Warthog are not anything. Maybe they are not highly prized but I think they are cool! I don't collect trophies bit of the 10 animals I hunted in Africa I thought Warthog were a funny looking animal on a good kind of way.

@Bob Nelson 35Whelen speaks highly of his trip to Namibia and his guide.
 
G'day from Australia.

Have fun reading.

I think you are saying Warthog are not anything. Maybe they are not highly prized but I think they are cool! I don't collect trophies bit of the 10 animals I hunted in Africa I thought Warthog were a funny looking animal on a good kind of way.

@Bob Nelson 35Whelen speaks highly of his trip to Namibia and his guide.
Sorry,my shite grasp of the English language is failing me yet again.
I tried to say they are considered ugly,but I find them really interesting and it is the animal I would like to hunt above all others.
 
Welcome to this great forum! Enjoy the site!
 
How you doin?
 
Hello (5mm?) Velo Dog,do you have bow hunting as an option at Khomas?

Hunting with the Bow is possible here at Khomas, we like to walk and stalk and with the Bow you can be successful on Blue Wildebeest, Red Hartebeest, Steinbok, Warthog, Impala and many more antelopes.
Please let us know if you have any further questions regarding hunting in Namibia
With best regards
Philip
 
Welcome to AH !
 
G’day y’all.

English is not my first language so I mix and match wildly as you can see.

Anyhoo,newbie here with zero experience of hunting in Africa.

Unlike most,it seems,it’s never been a dream of mine to hunt there,but I might tag along with a friend.

I do find the calibers and guns associated with hunting in Africa interesting though.

While I have not seen one in real life,oryx seems to be the most beautiful animal there.To my eyes.

The Warthog is anything but,but it is an animal I’d like to hunt,along with croc.

And ostrich.

One friend mentioned that he wants to hunt in Namibia,so I’ve been on an internet spree to learn about the country,it’s history,animals and hunting there.

Guess that’s about it for now,stupid questions to follow later.

Welcome
Don’t worry about your English
Enjoy
 
Welcome to AH
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,816
Members
169,418
Latest member
BridgettTr
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top