Howdy from TX

tx_troubador

Reaction score
Hello from West Texas!

New to AH and new to hunting in general. Wife has asked to go to Cape Town for New Years to tour the wine lands around Stellenbosch. I’ve managed to convince her to let me spend a few days at the end doing a short plains game hunt. Looking forward to hearing recommendations and getting engaged on here!

Welcome to AH tx_troubador! Glad to you found us. Cape Town is a fantastic destination, contact Jennifer from @TRAVEL EXPRESS (www.travelexpressagency.com) she is very familiar with traveling to South Africa/Cape Town and organizing tours and vacation there.

Welcome to the site.

I'm not sure of the outfitters in that area but you will really enjoy the wine country.

On my safari in 2015 we took a tour from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town along the coast and then through the wine country. We stopped at a number of the vineyards and sampled their wares. I learned more about wine in a couple of days than I had ever known before.

But there were some fires in the country a couple of years ago and I am not just sure of how the vineyards fared.

Don't forget to stop at some of the ostrich farms either

Welcome to AH! I just got back in June from a 10 safari of plains game then a short vacation in Cape Town. Had a great trip. Stellenbosch was fantastic. Toured the entire area with a private coach. Ate lunch at a place founded in 1692. Also there you have to go to safari outdoor. It’s a nice everything gun store.

tx_troubador, welcome to the AH forum! Best of luck on your hunt and winery tour. It sounds like a fun time.

Giday tx_troubador and welcome to the A H forums and hunting in general.

Howdy back from Texas! Headed out in the morning for a nice 7 days of hunting with Spear Safaris around the Kruger, then 4 or 5 days at Cape Town with the wife. Looks to be a good time. Welcome

Welcome to AH!

A short plane ride from Cape Town and you'll be hunting. There are great outfits here on AH that will be happy to help you.

Welcome to AH. Enjoy your trip.

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH!

Welcome aboard tx_troubador. You might try listing what game you want to hunt remembering that January 1st is winter here but summer there. State how many hunting days you expect to have available and how far you are willing to travel. With some of the specifics nailed down I'm sure some of the AH outfitters will get in touch with you.

Hello tx_troubador,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Algerhodes

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.