Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
GOA
Hunted
South Africa
Howdy everyone, I have been lurking here for the past couple of weeks and decided to join as I am moving from the "I would love to hunt in Africa" phase to the "I am going to go hunt in Africa" phase. Still doing research on where to go/who to use, but there are tons of great threads and information on here so I promise I wont be an FNG and post a thread without searching extensively first.

Aside from that, I am an avid hunter here in the US with most of my hunting done in south Texas and Pennsylvania. My uncle recently acquired more land in Wyoming so I am looking forward to tagging a moose up there in the future. I am a big 30 cal fan and use the 308 and .300wm quite often. I also am into reloading and try not to use factory ammo for my hunting if possible. Thanks for reading !

Howdy back from Lake Houston area

Reactions: MTA
Giday MTA89. Welcome to the A H forums.

Howdy everyone, I have been lurking here for the past couple of weeks and decided to join as I am moving from the "I would love to hunt in Africa" phase to the "I am going to go hunt in Africa" phase. Still doing research on where to go/who to use, but there are tons of great threads and information on here so I promise I wont be an FNG and post a thread without searching extensively first.

Aside from that, I am an avid hunter here in the US with most of my hunting done in south Texas and Pennsylvania. My uncle recently acquired more land in Wyoming so I am looking forward to tagging a moose up there in the future. I am a big 30 cal fan and use the 308 and .300wm quite often. I also am into reloading and try not to use factory ammo for my hunting if possible. Thanks for reading !

Welcome to AH!

MTA89, welcome to the forum! This is a great place to help get you on your own Africa adventure! Tons of great info! I’d suggest you start by researching under Safari planning guide at the top of the page. Enjoy your research!

Welcome from a fellow Texas fella. Lots of great information can be found here, and never hesitate to ask! Look forward to hearing about your past and future adventures.

Welcome aboard!
Also a Texan but Northeast rather than South. Done a little deer hunting in South Texas, but mostly closer to home. Of late been hunting mostly exotics rather than Whitetails.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome aboard!
Also a Texan but Northeast rather than South. Done a little deer hunting in South Texas, but mostly closer to home. Of late been hunting mostly exotics rather than Whitetails.
I actually live up near Bonham but I do a fair amount of hunting near Sonora / Mountain Home area. Its just way better hunting for me down there. Axis deer are my favorite the free ranging population in that area is massive. There are too many people and predators up here to have a very high deer population unfortunately. Same goes for Turkey

Plenty of hogs though. This was from this past Thursday. I was coming back from taking my daughter to the pediatrician when I spotted a pack of 30~ in my neighbors field. Had just enough light to put the stalk on them. Wind was great so I grabbed the first rifle I could. This is the first time I have shot anything other than paper with this SIG 716 with the 168 AMAX over 42grs of H4895. I love it!
IMG_0856.jpg

Welcome! You'll find plenty tot dig into here. Enjoy the journey preparing for your first trip over. You only get one first safari...

Welcome to AH MTA89!

Welcome to the family and the forum! Enjoy the site!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH

Hello MTA89,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg