Honored to be here

skeetsurfer

New member
Joined
Feb 15, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
13
Hunted
USA
Hello Members,

Jerome suggested I post a quick greeting here, as I'm sure he did for the 110 pages of those preceding me. I'm not an "online" kind of person. However, I've enjoyed this website so much that I am honored and pleased to have joined you all.

My hunting to date has been limited to a few deer/hog outings in the southeastern US. I didn't grow up in a hunting family or with hunting friends, but there's something in me that's always craved it. I'm an excellent shot, just not a very experienced one. That said, I've built a battery that can take me anywhere, and I plan to start this year.

I have a Wyoming Antelope hunt booked for this fall, and I'm planning to get to Africa within the next year or two—while being open to other opportunities in between. I've spent some time on photo safari in South Africa and Botswana, and absolutely loved it. There might be no other place I'd rather be.

All that said, I'm pleased to let this post be the start of what I hope to be a new season of adventures, friendships, and experiences. Impilontle! -Dave
 
Welcome! Glad to have you here with the rest of us!
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Nice to have you join us. Hope you enjoy the time you spend here.
 
:S Welcome:
 
Hello Members,

Jerome suggested I post a quick greeting here, as I'm sure he did for the 110 pages of those preceding me. I'm not an "online" kind of person. However, I've enjoyed this website so much that I am honored and pleased to have joined you all.

My hunting to date has been limited to a few deer/hog outings in the southeastern US. I didn't grow up in a hunting family or with hunting friends, but there's something in me that's always craved it. I'm an excellent shot, just not a very experienced one. That said, I've built a battery that can take me anywhere, and I plan to start this year.

I have a Wyoming Antelope hunt booked for this fall, and I'm planning to get to Africa within the next year or two—while being open to other opportunities in between. I've spent some time on photo safari in South Africa and Botswana, and absolutely loved it. There might be no other place I'd rather be.

All that said, I'm pleased to let this post be the start of what I hope to be a new season of adventures, friendships, and experiences. Impilontle! -Dave
Welcome welcome welcome
 
Welcome. A business school instructor who's "not an online kind of person"? Must be challenging. :D I'm actually a business historian ... retired of course. I presume you like to shoot skeet? Another passion of mine. It will stand you in good stead when your buffalo decides to charge instead of flee. My PH jokes that I'm a better shot at running game offhand than shooting at standing animals on the sticks. He may be right!

Don't make the mistake of buying a Lab and taking up bird hunting or you'll never make it to Africa. :D I hunt uplands every fall in Montana. It is addicting.
PXL_20260325_172606238.jpg
 
Some excellent hobbies! Good luck in Wyoming and hope you continue to enjoy the site!
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome from Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - the racing capital of the world!
 
Welcome to the forum, glad you joined us
 
Welcome. A business school instructor who's "not an online kind of person"? Must be challenging. :D I'm actually a business historian ... retired of course. I presume you like to shoot skeet? Another passion of mine. It will stand you in good stead when your buffalo decides to charge instead of flee. My PH jokes that I'm a better shot at running game offhand than shooting at standing animals on the sticks. He may be right!

Don't make the mistake of buying a Lab and taking up bird hunting or you'll never make it to Africa. :D I hunt uplands every fall in Montana. It is addicting.
View attachment 755034
There’s something magical that happens to a Labrador retriever when it gets a snootful of grouse scent.
 
Welcome aboard there is a wealth of knowledge here on this forum to help you on your journey to becoming a hunter.
 
Hello Members,

Jerome suggested I post a quick greeting here, as I'm sure he did for the 110 pages of those preceding me. I'm not an "online" kind of person. However, I've enjoyed this website so much that I am honored and pleased to have joined you all.

My hunting to date has been limited to a few deer/hog outings in the southeastern US. I didn't grow up in a hunting family or with hunting friends, but there's something in me that's always craved it. I'm an excellent shot, just not a very experienced one. That said, I've built a battery that can take me anywhere, and I plan to start this year.

I have a Wyoming Antelope hunt booked for this fall, and I'm planning to get to Africa within the next year or two—while being open to other opportunities in between. I've spent some time on photo safari in South Africa and Botswana, and absolutely loved it. There might be no other place I'd rather be.

All that said, I'm pleased to let this post be the start of what I hope to be a new season of adventures, friendships, and experiences. Impilontle! -Dave
I also met a lot of wonderful people here who I now consider to be true friends. I can freely say that I have someone I know in any part of the world. I also got a lot of information and learned a lot from new friends.
Welcome Dave
 
.

Welcome, always good to have "an excellent shot" on board ! Hope to read a post on the antelope hunt!!

Cheers

Charlie

.
 
Welcome to AH!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,279
Messages
1,571,505
Members
169,365
Latest member
TillyQ1897
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top