Hi from Namibia

Hennie Lacock

Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa / Botswana / Namibia
Hi guys,

I've been lurking on this forum every now and finally decided to join in the conversation.

I'm from Namibia, grew up mostly in South Africa in the Kalahari and have been hunting since I can remember. I probably fired rifles before I could ride a bike. Although I have not hunted DG myself, I have hunted in almost all Southern African areas, in varies conditions and hunted most available game in our country.

Welcome to AH Hennie! Looking forward to your contribution.

Hennie, glad to have you here! Looking forward to your input.

Welcome to the posting side.

Welcome aboard Hennie. What caliber rifles do you own? Do you have any near term hunts planned? If so, for what?

Welcome to AH Hennie

Welcome to AH Hennie!

Hello and welcome!

Welcome! Are you still in RSA?

Welcome Hennie. I look forward to your lending your experience to this forum.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome. Namibia on the list for countries to hunt! Hear great things.

Hello from Minnesota USA

Welcome to AH sir.

Welcome aboard, Hennie.

Whereabouts in Namibia do you come from?

Hi, I was born in Windhoek but reside in Swakopmund at the moment.

I resided most of my life in South Africa though and only relocated back to Namibia 3 years ago, I let go of all of my rifles in South Africa (It's such a pain importing rifles from SA to Namibia).

I had a .223 Brno and 2 x .308's with Musgrave actions; one with a Krieger barrel and the other with a Madco barrel.

Welcome. Namibia on the list for countries to hunt! Hear great things.

Then you have heard correct :) Namibia is indeed a great destination. We are unfortunately hit by quite a drought at the moment.

As I relinquished my rifles back in SA, I have basically hit the reset button on my hunting gear. I am in the market for a good .375 H&H. Preferably a Winchester Model 70, but the search has only started a little while back.

I have only 1 x hunt planned for June, back in SA in Limpopo province, near Thabazimbi. This will be for a few Blue Wildebeest of which the meat will be donated to my favorite charity in South Africa.

Hi guys,

I've been lurking on this forum every now and finally decided to join in the conversation.

I'm from Namibia, grew up mostly in South Africa in the Kalahari and have been hunting since I can remember. I probably fired rifles before I could ride a bike. Although I have not hunted DG myself, I have hunted in almost all Southern African areas, in varies conditions and hunted most available game in our country.
Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessica87G

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross