AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, USA
Hi everyone.

I have been browsing this site for the past few days gathering information to plan for a hunting trip to South Africa. This is a very informative site - thanks for sharing!

SRD

Welcome to AH SRD! Nice to hear that you are enjoying the site!

Welcome SRD. Happy planning.

Welcome to the forum SRD! This is a great, informative site with an awesome crowd of members to go with it. What is on you list to hunt?

Take Care,

Best Regards,
Marius Goosen

Welcome to Ah...

May your planning begin for your next safari...

Welcome to the forum, SRD !

Welcome to the site SRD!

Thanks everyone, for the welcome.

Marius - I plan to do a basic plains hunt (for species that are hunted by stalking).

Hi SRD,
Welcome to the site! This is a great site for any information about hunting in South Africa.
Any specific area of South Africa that you are thinking of hunting?

Welcome to the forum, lots of collective knowledge here.

Hi SRD,
Welcome to the site! This is a great site for any information about hunting in South Africa.
Any specific area of South Africa that you are thinking of hunting?

I was thinking that somewhere near JNB or accessible from JNB would be very convenient. I live less than a one hour drive from JFK airport and can get that nonstop flight on South African Air. That is really convenient. However, my wife is aware of the penguins that are near Cape Town - for all I know, she will want to plan the whole trip around the penguins!

Welcome to AH SRD!

First. Welcome to AH!
Well the good news is just about every animal can be stalked :) so that makes the list endless!! Pull out the credit card and go to town!! Or you can be more conservative. Enjoy the planning, its one of the best parts.

Do you have one animal you just couldn't live without on your safari?

I was thinking that somewhere near JNB or accessible from JNB would be very convenient. I live less than a one hour drive from JFK airport and can get that nonstop flight on South African Air. That is really convenient. However, my wife is aware of the penguins that are near Cape Town - for all I know, she will want to plan the whole trip around the penguins!

Sounds good. Luckily there are short flights from JHB to anywhere in the country, so you could end up pleasing your wife at the same time as having an awesome hunt! Good luck.

First. Welcome to AH!
Well the good news is just about every animal can be stalked :) so that makes the list endless!! Pull out the credit card and go to town!! Or you can be more conservative. Enjoy the planning, its one of the best parts.

Do you have one animal you just couldn't live without on your safari?

I did not think that far ahead. I always thought it would be nice to hunt for zebra.

Welcome to the AH SRD! Enjoy the planning, you can always plan the penguins on your second trip Oh yes there will be a second one. Good luck.

Welcome to AH SRD. As mentioned flights within SA are cheap and easy. Good luck with your trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg