Hi everyone.

accipiter

AH enthusiast
Joined
Jul 2, 2012
Messages
285
Reaction score
146
Media
24
Hunting reports
Africa
3
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, USA
Hi everyone.

I have been browsing this site for the past few days gathering information to plan for a hunting trip to South Africa. This is a very informative site - thanks for sharing!

SRD
 
Welcome to AH SRD! Nice to hear that you are enjoying the site!
 
Welcome SRD. Happy planning.
 
Welcome to the forum SRD! This is a great, informative site with an awesome crowd of members to go with it. What is on you list to hunt?

Take Care,

Best Regards,
Marius Goosen
 
Welcome to Ah...

May your planning begin for your next safari...
 
Welcome to the forum, SRD !
 
Welcome to the site SRD!
 
Thanks everyone, for the welcome.

Marius - I plan to do a basic plains hunt (for species that are hunted by stalking).
 
Hi SRD,
Welcome to the site! This is a great site for any information about hunting in South Africa.
Any specific area of South Africa that you are thinking of hunting?
 
Welcome to the forum, lots of collective knowledge here.
 
Hi SRD,
Welcome to the site! This is a great site for any information about hunting in South Africa.
Any specific area of South Africa that you are thinking of hunting?

I was thinking that somewhere near JNB or accessible from JNB would be very convenient. I live less than a one hour drive from JFK airport and can get that nonstop flight on South African Air. That is really convenient. However, my wife is aware of the penguins that are near Cape Town - for all I know, she will want to plan the whole trip around the penguins!
 
Welcome to AH SRD!
 
First. Welcome to AH!
Well the good news is just about every animal can be stalked :) so that makes the list endless!! Pull out the credit card and go to town!! Or you can be more conservative. Enjoy the planning, its one of the best parts.

Do you have one animal you just couldn't live without on your safari?
 
I was thinking that somewhere near JNB or accessible from JNB would be very convenient. I live less than a one hour drive from JFK airport and can get that nonstop flight on South African Air. That is really convenient. However, my wife is aware of the penguins that are near Cape Town - for all I know, she will want to plan the whole trip around the penguins!

Sounds good. Luckily there are short flights from JHB to anywhere in the country, so you could end up pleasing your wife at the same time as having an awesome hunt! Good luck.
 
First. Welcome to AH!
Well the good news is just about every animal can be stalked :) so that makes the list endless!! Pull out the credit card and go to town!! Or you can be more conservative. Enjoy the planning, its one of the best parts.

Do you have one animal you just couldn't live without on your safari?

I did not think that far ahead. I always thought it would be nice to hunt for zebra.
 
Welcome to the AH SRD! Enjoy the planning, you can always plan the penguins on your second trip Oh yes there will be a second one. Good luck.
 
Welcome to AH SRD. As mentioned flights within SA are cheap and easy. Good luck with your trip.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,287
Messages
1,571,728
Members
169,404
Latest member
Cathern859
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top