Heym 89B

Nitride coating is available for firearms. The company that does the hydraulic rods may even do firearms. They charge by the batch of 5 rifles. 5 rifles same price as 1. Totally disassembled and prepped to your desired finish before hand. The coating requires several cleaning steps. Then nitriding. Very thin, very hard. It is because of the hardness that you/gunsmith must prep to spec, because once nitrided difficult to change. Beautiful black finish that looks "thin" like blueing, not like CeraKote. .0002-3" thick. 1 year ago it was about $150 for the batch

Last edited:
Johnson's paste wax is what duck hunters have used to protect their guns for more than a hundred years!

Today I would however choose Renaissance Wax.

Johnson's paste wax is what duck hunters have used to protect their guns for more than a hundred years!

Today I would however choose Renaissance Wax.

Agreed

Yes sir that is the plan. I went to the Heym shop recently and had a great conversation with Chris Sells (that man knows his stuff) and I was sold on Heym!
Don’t let Chris show you the SR30, or you’re gonna be waiting on a new deer rifle as well as a 450/400!

Attachments

• HeymPreislisteKombinierteEndverbraucher.pdf
    6.5 MB · Views: 220
  • Preisliste-Endverbraucher-Heym-01-2021-web.pdf
    5.4 MB · Views: 1,141
I'm excited for ya! .. If anyone can describe what differs, or makes a "PH" in the 88's?
Thank You.

I'm excited for ya! .. If anyone can describe what differs, or makes a "PH" in the 88's?
Thank You.

an 88 PH is the stripped down, bare basics model for someone that wants a reliable tool for work but has no interest in paying for any embellishments.

Hi Daniel, it isn't exactly spelt out for the 88B, but this is the story for the 89B and I should think it is the same for both:
PH model has grade 3 wood, no engraving, silver metal finish. Calibres available are 450/400, 470NE and 500NE. Frame weight is the medium 4.5kg.
You can also choose the Africa model which is also the 4.5kg frame in the plain spec, so in theory there is an overlap. There are a few other calibres you can choose for the Africa model that are not offered for the PH, I think 375 for example.
On price it is very confusing. I just ordered an Africa model in 450/400, with no frills, in effect the bottom PH model. I can't see Heym charging a premium because I didn't call it a PH, but strictly looking at their price list the PH is the cheapest.

The 26B looks like a very good option for a smaller caliber double 9.3x74R/9.3×74R and an extra set of barrels 20ga/7×57R(ideal for tiny ten)....damn now I have to go and see Mr. Tonkin......

Hi Daniel, it isn't exactly spelt out for the 88B, but this is the story for the 89B and I should think it is the same for both:
PH model has grade 3 wood, no engraving, silver metal finish. Calibres available are 450/400, 470NE and 500NE. Frame weight is the medium 4.5kg.
You can also choose the Africa model which is also the 4.5kg frame in the plain spec, so in theory there is an overlap. There are a few other calibres you can choose for the Africa model that are not offered for the PH, I think 375 for example.
On price it is very confusing. I just ordered an Africa model in 450/400, with no frills, in effect the bottom PH model. I can't see Heym charging a premium because I didn't call it a PH, but strictly looking at their price list the PH is the cheapest.
I have just checked a little further - I am being charged for the PH model, so class 3 wood, and therefore the cheapest. The Africa model comes standard wilh class 4 wood and comnands about 1500 Euro more. So there is your answer, it is all down to the wood.

500 NE I would go for the action size above the normal PH, the PH Gross 5.4kg, a 9.9lb 500 NE with full power loads is not going to do it for me.....
4.5kg is perfect for the 450/400NE....

500 NE I would go for the action size above the normal PH, the PH Gross 5.4kg, a 9.9lb 500 NE with full power loads is not going to do it for me.....
4.5kg is perfect for the 450/400NE....
Agreed. You can also get the 450/400 in the light 3.6kg frame, there is a video of their regulation guy firing it and he is getting a real kicking.

Eish less than 8 lbs.....no thanks....

Screenshot_20210508-224353_Chrome.jpg

This is the one I dream about.....

Hi Daniel, the 500NE is available in either the Africa frame 4.5kg, or the Gross Box frame 5.4kg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg