Hey from Tennessee

Hedge774

AH legend
Joined
Aug 18, 2025
Messages
2,351
Reaction score
3,780
Media
4
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Australia/NZ
1
Hunted
Limpopo, South Africa
Hey Gang! I've been on here for a few weeks now, and I'm still learning how everything works. I started dreaming of Afrrica when I was 9, reading my Granddad's Sports Afield. It had an advertisement in the back of a crudely drawn cape buffalo saying, "Hunt Black Death in Africa!" The hook was set. It took me 40 years (way too long!) to make my way to Limpopo in May of '25 with RW Safaris. It was worth the wait as the trip changed my life. I took kudu, nyala, and impala. More importantly I left a lot of baggage that I had been toting around that I never needed. Africa is indeed a magical land. I'm going back in April to hunt that Black Death, too! Thanks for having me!
Hedge
 
Welcome from Chattanooga, always great to have a fellow Tennessean join.
 
Good day! Welcome!
 
Welcome to AH!
 
:S Welcome:
 
So, I'm looking at 2028 to finish out my spiral slam with Eland and bushbuck. A short list of the outfitters I'm looking at are: Game 4 Africa, KMG, Thorndale, and African Hope. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated as well as any advise!
 
Welcome to AH Hedge774!
 
Welcome to AH and the posting side! Have fun planning your next trip ;)
 
Welcome to AH! Nice to have you on the site and we look forward to you sharing your stories!
 
Welkommen from your Northern neighbor in E. KY "Go-Cats!"

Congrats on fulfilling a life long dream. Africa is magical and I think about it every day. I have hunted Limpopo twice and Free State once and both are great. Good luck on the future hunt for Mbogo. It is exciting. I just took a buff this past June and am still thinking about it.
 
So, I'm looking at 2028 to finish out my spiral slam with Eland and bushbuck. A short list of the outfitters I'm looking at are: Game 4 Africa, KMG, Thorndale, and African Hope. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated as well as any advise!
Africa Hunt Lodge
Really nice accommodations, great excursions for non-hunters or a diversion day, very reasonable trophy fees. Four of us decided to book a 10 day hunt largely based on conversations with Aaron and lengthy discussions with 8 references.
 
Last edited:
So, I'm looking at 2028 to finish out my spiral slam with Eland and bushbuck. A short list of the outfitters I'm looking at are: Game 4 Africa, KMG, Thorndale, and African Hope. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated as well as any advise!
Rumano De Beer at RDB Safaris is based in Limpopo and runs his own game reserve there. He also has numerous other concessions available in both Limpopo and other provinces. I have hunted with him twice and his reserve hold numerous trophy Eland bulls as well as many other plains game like Giraffe, Sable, Wildebeest, Impala, etc. He helped me bag a record class Bushbuck during an exciting night hunt last year. I still lack an Eland to complete my spiral slam but have never hunted them. Hope to return for that in a couple of years. We bagged a very nice Kudu this year on a fantastic concession that is about 15 miles from his place on the Sterk River. His accommodations are 5-star.

Besides being a licensed PH and outfitter, he is a graduate wildlife biologist and former professional rugby player. He breeds his own rare color phases of Wildebeest, Impala and a few others. Of all the spirals, I think bushbuck are the hardest because they are so elusive and shy. Rumano has a special place that is loaded with them. Not making them easy but at least possible.

There are lots of good outfitters in RSA but I would rank RDB near the top. He will be here in the US in Jan-Feb attending a number of the hunting shows across the country and often offers show specials that time of year. I would give him a look.

K Doo.jpg
 
Hello and welcome!
 
Welcome to the forum from Johnson City area.
BTW, I'm a Buccaneer! Class of 2000. Awesome place to "grow up." I actually hunted around Buffalo Mt. a few times and fished all over the place. Small world!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,343
Messages
1,573,476
Members
169,749
Latest member
LeoraBoelk
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top