Hello

Bailey 30-30, welcome to the AH forum!
Have you been to Africa, or are you planning to go?
 
Welcome to AH
 
Giday Bailey and welcome to the A H forums where all manner of guns and hunting addictions are catered for and encouraged.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome aboard!
 
Welcome aboard Bailey 30-30. Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. Things like what have you hunted in the past, what kind and caliber rifles so you own, do you reload. Where are you from?
 
Welcome to AH sir!
 
Welcome to AH Bailey30-30!
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH !
 
Hello everyone happy to be on the forum

Hi Bailey30-30,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best regards,
Velo Dog.
 
I haven't been to Africa yet but it is definitely on my list. I've only hunted deer and black buck in west and south Texas so far. However, I'm really looking into a black bear hunt in 2021. As for now I'm just shooting and collecting guns. I picked up a cz550 375h&h the other day and I'm researching the best ammo to stock up on for a all around load. Swift A-frames and barnes tsx seem to be held in high regard, but I don't know if they would be too tough for lighter game like deer.
 
I haven't been to Africa yet but it is definitely on my list. I've only hunted deer and black buck in west and south Texas so far. However, I'm really looking into a black bear hunt in 2021. As for now I'm just shooting and collecting guns. I picked up a cz550 375h&h the other day and I'm researching the best ammo to stock up on for a all around load. Swift A-frames and barnes tsx seem to be held in high regard, but I don't know if they would be too tough for lighter game like deer.
They will both work on deer in my experience, but I would use a much cheaper round with a soft point myself. Even PPU makes a very cheap factory load that shoots well in my 375 that should be plenty good for deer. I’d save the premium rounds for bigger game, ie, elk, brown bear, bison, Africa larger game and DG. JMO
 
They will both work on deer in my experience, but I would use a much cheaper round with a soft point myself. Even PPU makes a very cheap factory load that shoots well in my 375 that should be plenty good for deer. I’d save the premium rounds for bigger game, ie, elk, brown bear, bison, Africa larger game and DG. JMO
I agree with you and I wouldn't pick the 375 for deer, but if it's the only rifle I have with me at the time I'd like to stock up on a well rounded bullet. I'll check out PPU I've used them before in my 9.3x62 its been hard finding them lately.
 
Welcome to the forum.

Nothing wrong with using the 375 for deer, it will definitely get you used to the rifle and round. Personally, for that application I'd say grab a few boxes of Remington Core-lokt.
 
Last edited:
Welcome Bailey!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,355
Messages
1,573,926
Members
169,872
Latest member
LanoraKidw
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top