Hello from Sweden!

Hello and welcome aboard!
You'll find here in the Club, lots of good friends, and great advices for your project!

:S Welcome:

Welcome welcome welcome

Welcome aboard RoeFoe. For sure we can help you identify and then build your perfect rifle. To get started however, we need to know what you want to hunt with it and where you are likely to be hunting.

Welcome aboard RoeFoe. For sure we can help you identify and then build your perfect rifle. To get started however, we need to know what you want to hunt with it and where you are likely to be hunting.
Ofc! So I have a Husqvarna 640 m98 in 8x57is, liked the idea of having an Husqvarna since I have family-roots in the actual town Huskvarna where the rifles once where produced. I've been thinking of switching barrel to a 7x57 but since 8x57is is a fairly popular cartridge here in Sweden I think I will keep it as long as it shoots accurate. The rifle is undrilled for scope bases today, so I've only tried out the iron sights.

But, I've bought both scopes and bases/rings for it. I have three Leopold Alaskan scopes, these where a couple of fixed steel-tube scopes produced in the 90's meant to have a vintage look and look similar to the Lyman Alaskan scopes of the 60's. Great glas, came with three different magnifications, 2,5x, 4x, 6x. I have one of each. For bases/ringa I bought the Talley QD setup, but the special somewhat wider bases and the single screw rings, three sets, one for each scope. I like how small the scopes are, the reticles (plex) and the look of them on a classic rifle. Took me quite some time to find one of each.

I also have a bottom metal from an Argentine 1909 since it has a hinges floor plate, which the original Husqvarna version doesn't have.

I mainly hunt roe deer, wild boar, fallow deer, moose and hopefully in the future red stag. Ofc, a trip to Africa is a dream but not possible in the near future.

Hope this gives some background!

Good day! Welcome!

:S Welcome:

Greetings RoeFoe,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

When you have time, I invite you to take a look into the Khomas Safaris website.

I love the 1950’s vintage Model ‘98 FN Commercial Mausers.
And, I wish original factory made ones from that time, in caliber 7x57 MM, were easy to find here in the USA where I live.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

IMG_2014.png
IMG_0944.jpeg
IMG_0933.jpeg
IMG_0901.jpeg
IMG_0738.jpeg
IMG_0698.jpeg
IMG_0403.jpeg
IMG_9886.jpeg
IMG_6250.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
G’day from Australia.
I would sway toward a 7x57 or 7x64 as I like 7mm calibre.
Of course there is also the 6.5x55swede as another popular option.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH RoeFoe!

Welcome to AH!

Hi there, hunter from Stockholm, Sweden, searching for wisdom and inspiration in my quest to build the perfect FN M98 custom rifle.

Happy hunting!
Welcome to AH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BuddyBrode

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt