Hello from North Carolina

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH!
If we can be of any assistance with US Customs or shipping, please call, email, or send me a message!

Welcome Brian! Nothing like AH for information and getting people on their way to Africa.

If there is a way we can be of help to you please feel free to call or send us a message.

Welcome to our forum Brian. You will love it here. Enjoy planning your first trip to Africa. All of your questions can be answered by members of this forum!

Welcome to AH Brian! Nice to have you on the posting side, looking forward to reading your posts.

Glad to have you. Any questions just ask away! Wealth of info here freely given. Remember you get only one first safari. Enjoy it!

Welcome Brian to AH and it’s always great to hear someone is taking their family to Africa with them!
You are going to have a great time!
What trophies are you looking for?
What rifle will you be taking?
Are others in your family hunting or observing?
Who is your outfitter?
Don’t forget to practice off of sticks!
Have a grand adventure!

We are looking forward to a Great Time!
Everyone is Very Excited!
We have secured our plane tickets and working on the passports.
We will be looking for Kudu, Waterbuck, Gemsbuck, Zebra, Blue Wildebeest, Impala, Common Blesbuck, and a Warthog.
I plan on taking a Remington 700 / 300 Ultra Mag and a 41 Magnum Handgun.
We were told that most shots will be under 200 meters.
I hope to use the Handgun at a waterhole. (What do you think?)
What type of Ammunition do you recommend for the 300 Ultra Mag?
We are trying to decide what Ammo will be the best.
The family plans to be observing.. I hope to get my daughters to hunt as well.
We are hunting with Warthog Safaris in the Limpopo provinces.
Oh Yes, we have been practicing shooting off of sticks.

Welcome from Brentwood TN. Old Univ of TN grad. Know lots of great folks from NC. Best of luck in your planning.

I’ve heard the logistics of getting a handgun into RSA can be a a real pain. I’ve never tried. But it should work well over a water hole if it’s a bow blind.
The 300 RUM shouldn’t have a problem putting any of your game down as long as you use a top quality bullet such as a Barnes or Swift A-Frame. You’ll need a bullet that will hold up to bone and dense muscle.
IMO your toughest animal will be the zebra. Thick, dense muscle and heavy boned. Just put a good bullet in the chevron target and you will have one of my favorite trophies!
It’s grand that you are taking the family and that they want to go!

Don’t forget you 4457 form and someone in RSA such as RiflePermits (a sponsor here on AH) to help you get the SAPS forms correct. They will know about the revolver importation as well.

Good luck in your families grand adventure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg