Reaction score
{where Rooster Cogburn lost his eye in True Grit}
Media
Member of
Endowment Member NRA DSC
Hunted
United States, Canada
Planning a trip to Africa. This site has been a great help

I have been a tremendous fan of the .375 H&H since my early 20's when I bought my first. I have used it on whitetails and mule deer and black bear.

I recently purchased a used custom .416 Rigby built on a Dakota action that I am trying to get sorted for Africa. I would like to hunt Cape buff. and elephant, hence I thought the step up was a good one.

I am also working on a Legendary Arms Works model 704 that I purchased in the white with an unfinished synthetic stock blank. The Dakota is the first rifle I've owned that fit me. It has a LOP of 15". LAW doesn't offer LOP as an option. That is why I opted to finish the 704 myself as much as possible. It is 7mm08.

I am at an age at 53 that I am looking at a deer gun smaller than my .375.

Today I worked on the stock and a bolt knob on the 704. The bolt knob furnished was not checkered. I prefer one that is. I have a couple pics in "other" but can't post here apparently. Oh well, I tried. Might try pics in another thread tomorrow.

Thanks,
KEJ

Welcome.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome KE To AH! I am new to the 7mm-08. So far I like it pretty well. I bought it as a Christmas gift for my granddaughter who has started hunting with me. Still trying to work/improve my handloads. But she took a Merino and a Corsican rams in January with it. I believe it will make you an ideal deer round.
Enjoy the forum!

Welcome aboard.

Sounds like you have some fun projects in the works.

Pics and details on your Africa trip are welcome!

Welcome to AH K E Johnson!

Welcoming me to AH sir!

Welcome to AH !

Giday and welcome to the forum Kev. Please post in the gunsmithing section on the 704 - 708 with progress pics

Welcome aboard K E Johnson. What part of Missouri do you live in? Do you have an African hunt booked?

Thanks everyone.
Have not booked yet. Still looking.
Trying to convince my wife to go as well as an observer. She doesn't hunt, but I think she would enjoy the experience.
This site has been extremely helpful

I .make no claim to being a gunsmith. The bolt knob is the only part I have made for a firearm. Excluding black powder cannons that is.

I am in the greater Kansas City area.

Last edited:
KEJ, my son Art Lambart II lives in Gladstone, Charlie Austin lives in Overland Park, & several other AH members live in the greater Kansas City area as well. Do you belong to the KC Chapter of SCI?

KEJ, my son Art Lambart II lives in Gladstone, Charlie Austin lives in Overland Park, & several other AH members live in the greater Kansas City area as well. Do you belong to the KC Chapter of SCI?

No sir I don't. Probably should look in to it though.

Thank you.

Welcome to AH. Several of live in KC we should plan a get together some time.

Welcome to AH.

Drag and drop your photos in the thread.

Welcome to AH @K E Johnson! If we can be of any assistance with US Customs or shipping, please call, email, or send me a message!

Welcome to AH! You have an arsenal ready for Africa with those rifles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois