Hello from Iowa in Midwest USA

Orange1948

Reaction score
Member of
NRA Life Member
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to become a member of Africa Hunting.com. I am looking forward to learn from the experience possessed by members of this site. I wasn't aware of this site until I was searching for some "modern" handloading info for my new 6.5 x 55 Swede Barrett Fieldcraft...found some good info.
Have a good day,
Duane

Welcome to AH Duane! Enjoy exploring the site.

Welcome aboard!

Amazing info and experiences to be found here. Welcome!

Welcome to AH.
Feel free to start adding your knowledge to the site.

Welcome to AH Duane!

Hi Duane, welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH sir!
Anything you want to know about 6.5 Swede rifles contact @Shootist43 as he has several and knows the hand loading info.

Welcome to "THE" Africa forum.

Welcome to AH from your neighbor with all the lakes

Welcome aboard Orange 1948. I see you have and reload for a 6.5 x 55. If you haven't already take a look at Nathan Foster's Knowledgebase for the 6.5 x 55 Swedish Mauser. The website http://www.ballisticstudies.com/is by far the best I've ever read re this caliber. Nathan has written a number of books on long range hunting rifles, calibers, bullets etc. I have all of them, they are a tremendous resource. He considers the 6.5 x 55 a handloader's dream. After working up to the loads he uses I can see why. As Charlie said, PM me if you want more information.

Welcome to AH! Much more information on this site than any man could ever need

Welcome aboard

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH Duane! Glad to have you on board.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH Duane! Glad you found us and joined our community.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg