Hello from Georgia

Welcome to AH
 
Welcome to AH! Your gateway to paradise (or hell if you start buying .375 and up rifles!). Have fun!
 
Just joined after lurking for a while and found a ton of good information. I've never been to Africa but so far Namibia seems like the place for me!

Lifelong hunter (in my 40's now), dad had me shooting, hunting, and even handloading (I was an unusually conscientious child) at a young age.

Live in west GA, (Polk co.), and finally at a point in my life I can afford to own a little bit of my own property to hunt and fish on.

I realized I have several less common/obsolete rimmed cartridges that I most often take into the field, hence the username (I'm not a drummer!)

Looking forward to contributing whatever I have learned so far!
Welcome to the posting side.
 
Welcome to AH! Your gateway to paradise (or hell if you start buying .375 and up rifles!). Have fun!
I've been tempted by a few big bores lately!

I think my Ruger #1 in 9.3x74R will be my perfect PG companion though. I bought it on a whim when CDNN was blowing them out for $600. After a little fore end and safety switch modification, it drives tacks and flings empties clear of the rifle. I must now go to Africa so I can use it properly!
 
Giday and welcome to the AH forums Rimshot.
 
I've been tempted by a few big bores lately!

I think my Ruger #1 in 9.3x74R will be my perfect PG companion though. I bought it on a whim when CDNN was blowing them out for $600. After a little fore end and safety switch modification, it drives tacks and flings empties clear of the rifle. I must now go to Africa so I can use it properly!
Nice! But, it won’t stop there, trust me. The enablers here will cajole you into a .375 and it won’t stop until your into a .45 something . There’s guys on here with Ruger #1s that can’t remember what a .375 is! Get out now while you can! Or not! The choice is yours grasshopper? Ha! Ha! Ha!
 
Good day Rimshot, welcome to AH

Game Trackers Africa is managing various hunting areas in Namibia, please feel free to contact us
 
Welcome sir, glad to have ya! I’m in Paulding county. If you need any assistance or advice I’d be happy to lend my advice. Ever down my way look my up!
 
Welcome sir, glad to have ya! I’m in Paulding county. If you need any assistance or advice I’d be happy to lend my advice. Ever down my way look my up!
Hello neighbor! If you're a reloader, I bet we both have stuff we don't use much that we could trade in these times of scarcity!
 
Welcome to AH! Namibia is great first time choice!
 
Hello neighbor! If you're a reloader, I bet we both have stuff we don't use much that we could trade in these times of scarcity!
Unfortunately I’m not a reloader...
 
Welcome Rimshot
Good luck in your search for the right place to go.
The search is part of the fun.
If we can be of any help just let us know.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk
 
Im on the other side of the State from you, welcome.

PM inbound
 
Welcome! My primary home is in Alpharetta and my farm is in Troup County
 
Welcome to AH, enjoy.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,342
Messages
1,573,453
Members
169,749
Latest member
LeoraBoelk
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top