Hello from Finland

lansire

New member
Joined
Apr 16, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
9
Hello everyone!

I´m soon 30-years-old guy from Finland, and I´ve dreamed since I was a little boy of going to safari to Africa, especially to hunt dangerous game. So far it hasn´t been possible. Spending time here certainly hasn´t reduced that itch...

I have completed an outfitter qualification in Finland, but I haven´t really worked in the field much. I spent a couple of years as a gamekeeper on a pheasant estate, but that´s about it. I´ve hunted almost every game animal in Finland, but nowadays I mostly hunt big game, such as moose, bear, wolf and lynx.

I acquired a Winchester M70 chambered in .458 Win Mag for moose and bear hunting few years ago, and I immeadiatly fell in love with both the caliber and the rifle. I handload my own ammunition and have been looking for experiences and photos here regarding the performance of different bullets. I´ve always been a big bore enthusiast, and in my opinion the .458 Win is quite well suited for Finnish moose and bear hunting :) However, I dream that one I´ll get to use my gun for the purpose it was originally designed for. And I think my gun safe still may have room for a double rifle or two...
 
Welcome! Glad to have you here with the rest of us! Hope you can sort out a plan to get to Africa one day!
 
Welcome. I hope you will use your 458 very soon on at least something from the big five
 
Welcome!

My wife and I have a long layover in Helsinki in September. I think we have about 12 hours to roam the city..

Do you have any recommendations on things to see or restaurants that serve good Finnish food?
 
Welcome to AH
 
Hyvää päivää Iansire! Welcome to a wonderful group of like minded hunters, and a great place to learn and share experiences! Waidmannsheil!
 
:S Welcome:
 
Welcome to the forum!
I haven't visited yet but my great grandparents came from Kvevlax just over 100 years ago.
 
Welcome to AfricaHunting!
 
Welcome to AH lansire!
 
Good day! Welcome!
 
Welcome welcome welcome
 
We were in Finland over Christmas. What a wonderful country! Hope to welcome you to Africa, and Kalahari Safari soon!www.kalahari-safari.com
Hello everyone!

I´m soon 30-years-old guy from Finland, and I´ve dreamed since I was a little boy of going to safari to Africa, especially to hunt dangerous game. So far it hasn´t been possible. Spending time here certainly hasn´t reduced that itch...

I have completed an outfitter qualification in Finland, but I haven´t really worked in the field much. I spent a couple of years as a gamekeeper on a pheasant estate, but that´s about it. I´ve hunted almost every game animal in Finland, but nowadays I mostly hunt big game, such as moose, bear, wolf and lynx.

I acquired a Winchester M70 chambered in .458 Win Mag for moose and bear hunting few years ago, and I immeadiatly fell in love with both the caliber and the rifle. I handload my own ammunition and have been looking for experiences and photos here regarding the performance of different bullets. I´ve always been a big bore enthusiast, and in my opinion the .458 Win is quite well suited for Finnish moose and bear hunting :) However, I dream that one I´ll get to use my gun for the purpose it was originally designed for. And I think my gun safe still may have room for a double rifle or two...
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,310
Messages
1,572,476
Members
169,572
Latest member
FloridaGlo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top