Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
RMEF, Trout Unlimited - LIfe
Hunted
USA, Namibia
Mount Prospect to be precise, but close enough. I grew up in Michigan where I started deer hunting at age 13. I added turkey to the agenda around 10 years ago and still travel back to Michigan to hunt with my dad for both as often as possible. A little bit of upland game rounds out the repertoire. Outside of the staples, I did a DIY mule deer hunt back in 2013, am pending the Michigan bear drawing for this year, and have an archery elk hunt booked in the Tetons for September 2018.

With all that said, Africa has always been a dream. I've long planned to go on my first safari as a 40th b-day present to myself. I'm now 5 years out from that trip, and since I'm a planner by nature...here I am! I've already spent a lot of time browsing around and I'm sure it'll only continue.

Welcome, I am new here as well.
The best advise I can give you is hurry up and get your first trip planned because you will be planning on going again before you even get back home :)

Welcome to AH Born In Chicago Jeff Park, My Son Lives In Arlington Hts and owns Threshold MMA in Des Plaines

Reactions: BWH
Welcome aboard!

WMU05, is that Western Michigan University class of 05? Just had to ask. LOL This is the place to get all the info you need re. hunting in Africa. Are you planning to hunt Africa with a bow or rifle? What species of animals are you thinking about taking?

BTW welcome to AH.

That's planning ahead.
Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH, enjoy the ride.

Welcome to AH!

WMU05, is that Western Michigan University class of 05? Just had to ask. LOL This is the place to get all the info you need re. hunting in Africa. Are you planning to hunt Africa with a bow or rifle? What species of animals are you thinking about taking?

BTW welcome to AH.

Why yes, yes it is. I joined my first online hunting community when I was still in school. Been using the same handle ever since.

As for Africa, I'm going Archery. I actually just bought a new rig a couple months ago and have it set up for bigger game. I'm hopefully going to break it in on an elk next year and be ready to role when it's time to cross the pond. I'll be looking for a kudu, blue wildebeest, impala and warthog for starters. Thinking RSA or Namibia for a first safari.

Welcome! You need to spend more time in Africa and less in Chicago........it's much safer in Africa!

I'm an old bow hunter myself, although I had to start using a crossbow several years ago. At age 70 I just couldn't draw my Matthews smoothly. Maybe if I backed off the draw weight I could continue to use it, but I felt like that was a slippery slope. There are a number of outfitters on AH that specialize in African bow hunts. Now that you have identified that you are an archer, I'm sure they will be contacting you.

Howdy sir. Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH!

My father and I came back from our first hunt last May and are well into our return trip for May of '18. He is also a resident of Mt. Prospect so feel free to shoot over any message and we would always be glad to meet up and chat about our trip(s).

Trevor

Welcome and a WARNING...Africa is highly addictive!

Welcome to AH !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenniferlaw003

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg