Hello from Bwana Moja. Africa is NOT "The Dark Continent"

Dang I wish I had been following this thread lol its great hahaha
Do not despair... you can always reword this as "Africa is not the dork continent," which I (and doubtlessly most here) would agree with. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

It's best to quote our divine leaders in the house, senate and white house. How can we possibly survive without their vast wisdom of all topics, including guns.

“AR-16 with a long clip” - John Kerry

“A magazine with 100 clips in it” - Joe Biden

“This right here has the ability, with a .30-caliber clip, to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Thirty magazine clip in half a second." - Kevin de Leon (D-NY)

"Kinda scary man" - Joe Biden

"Take your AR, Your AR-14s” - Joe Biden

"I held an AR-15 in my hand, I wish I hadn’t. It is as heavy as 10 boxes that you might be moving. And the bullet that is utilized, a .50 caliber, these kinds of bullets need to be licensed" - Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX)

What could we possibly accomplish without these highly educated, lifetime politicians, telling us what to do and think?

To me, "The Dark Continent" is a meaningful and poetic term that I will continue to use but not overuse. Overuse, in my opinion, devalues the term.

BTW - I still call the Go-Away-Bird a Gray Lourie. The modern woke Karens have renamed Clangula hyemalis to the Long-tailed duck but I still call them Oldsquaw. Oldsquaw is a meaningful name that symbolizes the freedom and ruggedness of the species. I like Oldsquaw.
That is like renaming the squawfish "Northern pike-minnow." It is neither a pike or a minnow, but it makes the politically correct happy. If no disrespect was intended, none should be taken. If no one ever thought of the name of the fish or duck as having anything to do with Indians, which is the term most of them prefer to "Native Americans", there is no insult.
I never use the term " Dark Continent" myself but if someone does it has more to do with the mystery and romance of days gone by than anything else.

Greetings to All,

I might know a handful of the good women and men who contribute to this forum. I met Jerome a few years back. He gave me a really cool hat and it blew off my head when I was taking a helicopter ride hovering above the Okavango Delta.

I might chime in from time to time. I'm here to read more than write. Someone had written somewhere on one of these forums that I had exited hunting and had become anti 2A. That was trash. Some chump trying to take a shot at me. Wasn't the first time.

I'm a world record lesser kudu and bongo away, from just about everything I'm after on the big continent. I'm doing alot more writing for SCI publications and elsewhere, than hunting now. That's for sure. I guess I reached that point where there's really...not that much else to take. I'm still deeply embedded in Africa, flying over periodically to go hang out with my African friends. If there's really something splendid I'll chase it. Been chasing a 17-18 foot croc forever now. Passed on a few 16-footers. I believe there's a 60" LDE lurking, if I can ever get back into C.A.R.. I'd pay a pretty penny to go after Giant Sable in Angola, if it ever reopened, to benefit conservation.

My love affair with that continent has laid the foundation for my affinity for writing about African safaris and animals. I try to write intelligent pieces. Stuff that other writers don't write. Stuff that you don't even know. I'm not good at writing the same ole stuff everyone else does. I write to make the hunting community smarter, and to enable you to come home in one piece and shoot just one shot. Not doing any filming anymore or video production.

One pet peeve I'll share with you all, and this is mirrored by all my Africa friends who share the same skin tone as me. Please stop referring to that continent as "The Dark Continent." There's nothing about Africa that's dark anymore. That's a colonial days term. It's dated, disrespectful and portrays you as out of touch. We're trying hard on this side of the world to revolt against any acts of neo-colonialism. That above-referenced moniker was placed on that part of the world by people living outside of Africa. It's high time to do away with it. I know you might think it has such a good ring to it. But it doesn't. It's a cuss word.

That's all for now.
Asa

Greetings to All,

I might know a handful of the good women and men who contribute to this forum. I met Jerome a few years back. He gave me a really cool hat and it blew off my head when I was taking a helicopter ride hovering above the Okavango Delta.

I might chime in from time to time. I'm here to read more than write. Someone had written somewhere on one of these forums that I had exited hunting and had become anti 2A. That was trash. Some chump trying to take a shot at me. Wasn't the first time.

I'm a world record lesser kudu and bongo away, from just about everything I'm after on the big continent. I'm doing alot more writing for SCI publications and elsewhere, than hunting now. That's for sure. I guess I reached that point where there's really...not that much else to take. I'm still deeply embedded in Africa, flying over periodically to go hang out with my African friends. If there's really something splendid I'll chase it. Been chasing a 17-18 foot croc forever now. Passed on a few 16-footers. I believe there's a 60" LDE lurking, if I can ever get back into C.A.R.. I'd pay a pretty penny to go after Giant Sable in Angola, if it ever reopened, to benefit conservation.

My love affair with that continent has laid the foundation for my affinity for writing about African safaris and animals. I try to write intelligent pieces. Stuff that other writers don't write. Stuff that you don't even know. I'm not good at writing the same ole stuff everyone else does. I write to make the hunting community smarter, and to enable you to come home in one piece and shoot just one shot. Not doing any filming anymore or video production.

One pet peeve I'll share with you all, and this is mirrored by all my Africa friends who share the same skin tone as me. Please stop referring to that continent as "The Dark Continent." There's nothing about Africa that's dark anymore. That's a colonial days term. It's dated, disrespectful and portrays you as out of touch. We're trying hard on this side of the world to revolt against any acts of neo-colonialism. That above-referenced moniker was placed on that part of the world by people living outside of Africa. It's high time to do away with it. I know you might think it has such a good ring to it. But it doesn't. It's a cuss word.

That's all for now.
Asante,
Moja

View attachment 482439
AH is a community of hunters. Race is not an issue. No one is going to care what color your skin is. If you have a question, information or something of value to say in regards to hunting, put it out there and welcome. If, however, you want to make it a racial platform to disrespect and belittle the members here I would expect a somewhat cooler reception.
I don't use the term "dark continent" myself as it's somewhat outdated but it does not come from some twisted idea of showing respect to anyone. I love Africa and most of the African people that I have dealt with, although I am not happy to have to deal with corrupt politicians, bureaucrats or other criminals regardless of country or skin color. When others use the term it does not meant to be disrespectful, it is just a reflection of the mystery and exotic nature of the place, which is why many of us go there.
So lighten up.

I love when Privileged White Limousine Liberals lecture the common people about “Privilege”

The fact that he worked for CNN explains it all.

This was my favorite from yesterday…

D73366AF-6283-402E-87C9-4343E56CA63A.png

He started the post August 9 2022 and was last seen on this site Aug 11 2022. I think that is all that needs to be said about that, to paraphrase Forrest Gump, who was also a great story teller as well.

Read your article in Sporting Classics this issue. Couldn’t tell you much about it other than it annoyed me. Couldn’t get this thread out of my head….
Article, you say? Got a link?

He started the post August 9 2022 and was last seen on this site Aug 11 2022. I think that is all that needs to be said about that, to paraphrase Forrest Gump, who was also a great story teller as well.
You mentioned Forrest Gump, the author lived in my small town in coastal Alabama for a little while, saw him a time or two. He also wrote a fascinating book about WWll.

You mentioned Forrest Gump, the author lived in my small town in coastal Alabama for a little while, saw him a time or two. He also wrote a fascinating book about WWll.
You recall the title of the WWII book?

Yes it was 1942 , can’t remember the rest. I thought I could find my copy at home but I can’t put my hands on it.

Ah well no worries.

This thread's entertaining enough to look back at.
That is true haha. The subject of this article was his interview with Mike Fell after he was gored by a buffalo a while back. In his article he records another PH actually addressing him as Bwana Moja :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaeMorris

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross