Has Anyone Here Hunted With One Of The Famous Professional Hunters?

No but I hunted with a PH that worked with Capstick when they were culling buffalo and elephant back in the 70s

He seemed a bit jealous of the fame and success of Capstick

An interesting addendum to this question might be to include the experiences from those who have hunted with current "TV famous" PHs like Harpreet, Peter D etc.

Maybe a separate famous "yarn" writer category? One could have Capstick, Hemingway, and a few others in that one (Hemingway wins hands down). I know a couple of folks who were PH's with Capstick - regrettably not anyone who hung out with Papa. Our own Jamy Traut has been featured numerous times and the buff (my first) in my avatar was taken under his wing. And I have nearly hurt myself a couple of times hanging around a campfire with Dirk de Bod.

Maybe a separate famous "yarn" writer category? One could have Capstick, Hemingway, and a few others in that one (Hemingway wins hands down). I know a couple of folks who were PH's with Capstick - regrettably not anyone who hung out with Papa. Our own Jamy Traut has been featured numerous times and the buff (my first) in my avatar was taken under his wing. And I have nearly hurt myself a couple of times hanging around a campfire with Dirk de Bod.

Never knew Dirk drank......:whistle::D

@tarbe and @Bullthrower338 hunted with some guy named Sharp.

I hunted with John Sharp when he was famous. @tarbe and @Bullthrower338 made John infamous, and that is quite an accomplishment!

Also hunted with Joof Lamprecht in Nam, just a few months before he passed away. The Russell Moccasin made a boot called the Joof boot.

upload_2020-5-12_13-24-53.png

I shared a meal with Dirk de Bod but didn't know he was anybody special at the time. He was quiet as I remember.

But how about composing a list of "celebrity" PHs first.

I shared a meal with Dirk de Bod but didn't know he was anybody special at the time. He was quiet as I remember.

But how about composing a list of "celebrity" PHs first.
You should probably have taken advantage of that opportunity. Dirk was only honored as SCI’s Professional Hunter of the Year in 2008. And the ubiquitous CB featured him quite a bit. What constitutes a celebrity?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg