Guess RSA is not opening anytime soon...

A few months ago, the head of PHASA pretty much stated that there wouldn't be a 2020 hunting season. The video was posted on this site.
That is correct.

I have tickets purchased on Ethiopian for Aug 12 to Vic Falls, all I need is the quarantine to lift.

I hope it works out!

Are you going to find an alternate route to Harare, bypassing RSA?

The only alternative I think is Emirates once they open it up. Not sure about Ethiopian airlines.

However, my PH and outfitter already reached out to me to reschedule my leopard/buffalo/elephant hunt to August 1 - 21, 2021.

Now, a Tanzanian PH reached out to me in regards to a 10 days twin buffalo hunt in October. If the logistics pan out I might do it. I'd have to forgo the USPSA Nationals this year, but that is in Florida and not keen on flying there any time soon.

I put on other thread that Emirates flights ek 713 and 714 that are the Dubai to lusaka/harare and return flights that had been scheduled from 01 August have been cancelled. Flights are expected to commence in September subject to opening of borders and other commercial considerations

Not good news for planning an Emirates flight.

IMG_0065.PNG

I was scheduled Anchorage to Johannesburg via Frankfurt with Lufthansa (domestic flights with Delta) for October 6th of this year, but received notification last week that at least one of the international flights has been canceled. We’re rescheduling our RSA hunt for 2021.

Not me, I like time to plan and savor the anticipation.

Coronavirus: South Africa bans alcohol sales again to combat Covid 19

This is the second ban on alcohol sales since South Africa's outbreak began South Africa has introduced new restrictions, including another ban on alcohol sales, to help contain the spread of coronavirus.

A night-time curfew has been imposed, and the wearing of masks outdoors is now compulsory.

President Cyril Ramaphosa said the alcohol ban - South Africa's second this year - would take pressure off the national healthcare system.

It comes as total infections exceed a quarter of a million. Deaths resulting from coronavirus have also risen to more than 4,000, and government projections estimate this could rise to 50,000 by the end of the year.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-53382797

This is the second ban on alcohol sales since South Africa's outbreak began South Africa has introduced new restrictions, including another ban on alcohol sales, to help contain the spread of coronavirus.

A night-time curfew has been imposed, and the wearing of masks outdoors is now compulsory.

President Cyril Ramaphosa said the alcohol ban - South Africa's second this year - would take pressure off the national healthcare system.

It comes as total infections exceed a quarter of a million. Deaths resulting from coronavirus have also risen to more than 4,000, and government projections estimate this could rise to 50,000 by the end of the year.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-53382797
Wow I think there would be more deaths in North America if they shut down alcohol sales. That's all that keeps a lot of us going with the shutdown!

But minibus taxis may carry 100% capacity, as long as the windows are open.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The only thing that will take pressure off the system is their removal from office. Clowns.

(4000 deaths/250,000 cases) x 100 = 1,6% o_O

If the media was not reporting on this, would we know that we are "in a pandemic?'

That rationale of some of the policies is amazing. They have to appear to be acting.

I hope the increase is just part of the expected rise in cases toward the anticipated guesstimated peak in September.

The sooner everyone in the U.S. starts wearing masks, handwashing, social distancing, and limiting gatherings, the sooner we can travel again. As for the comments about African leaders, for every case in Botswana there are 8,423 cases in the U.S. Perhaps we could borrow President Masisi for a few months.

The sooner everyone in the U.S. starts wearing masks, handwashing, social distancing, and limiting gatherings, the sooner we can travel again. As for the comments about African leaders, for every case in Botswana there are 8,423 cases in the U.S. Perhaps we could borrow President Masisi for a few months.
Not happening, won't happen, will never happen, at least until summer is over and cold weather is here. I live on the east coast. The beaches, boardwalks and resorts are jammed packed. About half are wearing masks. Virus? What virus?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not happening, won't happen, will never happen, at least until summer is over and cold weather is here. I live on the east coast. The beaches, boardwalks and resorts are jammed packed. About half are wearing masks. Virus? What virus?
I enjoy to see Darwin working hard....

:sneaky:

HWL

Yeah right! Botswana is only a little smaller than Texas but has a population of 2.3 million compared to Texas with 29 million! And do you see everyone in Botswana wearing masks ans social distancing...? Nope.

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• hypatia-h_96d6d2eb536c4a436b0c34b09c5239e9-h_91775aece158ed3e9c9bc968b4cc1ba6.jpg
    hypatia-h_96d6d2eb536c4a436b0c34b09c5239e9-h_91775aece158ed3e9c9bc968b4cc1ba6.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 107
Yep, Americans are the most worthless, stupidest people on the planet, no question about it, absolute dumbasses, know nothing twerps, may as well just blow the whole damn country to smithereens and the rest of the world will be so much better off!!!! If you buy that shit I gotta a big ass bridge I wanta sell ya!! :(:(:(

Yep, Americans are the most worthless, stupidest people on the planet, no question about it, absolute dumbasses, know nothing twerps, may as well just blow the whole damn country to smithereens and the rest of the world will be so much better off!!!! If you buy that shit I gotta a big ass bridge I wanta sell ya!! :(:(:(
If we fail, so will the rest of the first, second and especially the third world and that includes most of Africa. This is the USAID site and it lists all the money we've given to each country over the last 20 years. The worst in my opinion? Afghanistan, SIX BILLION dollars.

https://explorer.usaid.gov/cd/SSD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.