Guess RSA is not opening anytime soon...

I saw an article posted on another forum post saying RSA will probably not open until November for US travelers. I thought I saw somewhere else that there was going to be a meeting within RSA gov't with the hunting organizations lobbying for an earlier opening. Has anyone seen anything similar, or perferably different (with an opening in October)?

Here is the article referenced in the other post https://businesstech.co.za/news/lif...avel-again-the-best-and-worst-case-scenarios/

I hope I can go to Africa next year but if we don’t take care of this Covid 19 nonsense this year and get our economy straightened out. Next year may be screwed up too. We continue to allow the media to announce “pandemic” on the news everyday. Too me it’s not a crisis at all. A lot of hospitals were running at low census most of this year. What are they going to do for the next flu season!!!!!! We have to start using real data, trust the healthcare system to handle outbreaks and stop government from “blanket stripping of people’s right”. Closing some businesses down but allow others to operate is one example. We also have to get people going back to college and kids in school. And lastly stop all these government handouts with no plan or idea how to pay off all of this crazy mounting USA debt!

I saw an article posted on another forum post saying RSA will probably not open until November for US travelers. I thought I saw somewhere else that there was going to be a meeting within RSA gov't with the hunting organizations lobbying for an earlier opening. Has anyone seen anything similar, or perferably different (with an opening in October)?

Here is the article referenced in the other post https://businesstech.co.za/news/lif...avel-again-the-best-and-worst-case-scenarios/
If I read that article correctly it is saying that "core markets" of USA will not open until April 2021-Nov 2021.

That would not be good. But like all info, I just do not think anyone has any idea. Things change weekly.

Information for anyone with an upcoming Delta cancellation . Delta cancelled my Little Rock to Johannesburg round trip last Thursday. I received my refund today by using Lori at @TRAVEL EXPRESS !!!

@sierraone - awesome, glad you received it so quickly!

I can only guess that 1. using you to work instead of me fumbling around with the process and 2. since it was originally charged to my Delta Amex card which I have had for about 10 years it was easier for Delta to credit that card. And then again it may have just been pure luck!

It was done through the travel agent reservation system which gets reported to airlines on a weekly basis so maybe good timing and an automated process with Delta but I’ll be happy to take credit : )

I hope I can go to Africa next year but if we don’t take care of this Covid 19 nonsense this year and get our economy straightened out. Next year may be screwed up too. We continue to allow the media to announce “pandemic” on the news everyday. Too me it’s not a crisis at all. A lot of hospitals were running at low census most of this year. What are they going to do for the next flu season!!!!!! We have to start using real data, trust the healthcare system to handle outbreaks and stop government from “blanket stripping of people’s right”. Closing some businesses down but allow others to operate is one example. We also have to get people going back to college and kids in school. And lastly stop all these government handouts with no plan or idea how to pay off all of this crazy mounting USA debt!
Couldn't agree more with you Eric!

I am not positive, but I believe that Tanzania has reopened? Botswana 100% closed for 2020? We understand Zimbabwe is conditionally open if certain Covid 19, quarantine takes place in Safari camp. I do not know of any hunts having taken place under this criteria. Hunts are being conducted for local hunters at this time.

I don't think that the "quarantine in camp" applies to foreign hunters, since I have an outfitter in Zim waiting on that and for me to come

Namibia is open as of sept 30th. Outfitter believes quarantine in camp will apply but still waiting for verification.

This reply is for Shakka for some reason his message shows on my phone but not on my lap top?

My wife received a message I am not sure exactly where from? I think it was from Zimbabwe Tourism that we could open for foreign visitors and that they would spend their 14 days quarantine in a covid free, inspected certified camp. This was before the lockdown was tightened 2 weeks ago.

Do not take this as fact, my wife is not here at the moment, she was just notified that her uncle had just passed away from the virus, (in RSA). I will have her check with SOAZ on Wednesday.

I will try to get some more information on this subject and as you know being allowed to hunt is just one of the many hurtles to jump.

Elephant Ivory ring bust in Milibizi, Zimbabwe

Thursday night 6, August. Zimbabwe National Parks with the assistance of Zimbabwe Police raided a vacant house (close to our lodge) ivory poaching suspects were arrested, with 2 still being pursued. 26 Ivory tusks were recovered. I believe that there will be many more arrests that will take place.

I will post more info on this as this situation develops.

My hat is off to Zimbabwe National Parks and Zimbabwe police on this one!

Now watch them put the ivory in a big pile and set it on fire!

I certainly hope that you do not feel that the men who put there lives on the line, as they were in this case (shots were fired) are in any way responsible for the acts of politicians!

Again hats off to the police (CID) and Zimbabwe National Parks for the fine job they are doing. I would also like to thank the judge that denied the poachers bail and a attorney. The sentence is automatic 15yrs. in a Zimbabwe prison! More to follow.

Of course not! Talking about the totally useless practice of burning piles of ivory in futile meaningless gestures. Obviously that is out of the hands of the parks and police.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg