Greetings

Max Simmons

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI
Hello all,

I’ve been lurking and learning for quite some time, but now the bank account has hit critical mass and I can actually commit to planning an Africa hunt!

I’ve still got plenty of time since we’re going for my 50th birthday and I’m only 45, but everyone says the time goes fast and putting everything in place takes twice as long as you expect!

I’ll be bringing the whole family: wife and four kids, who will in five years be 11, 9, 7, and 5. Their well-being is paramount so I’ll be looking for the safest locations. Beyond that, access to family-friendly activities will be very important.

As far as hunting goes, I need a Cape Buffalo. Anything in addition to that will be a bonus.

I look forward to learning more here, and hopefully you all will entertain my questions when I can’t find the answer in the search bar.

Greatest Regards,

Max Simmons

Hi Max, welcome to AH !

Welcome back from your long sleep...:D:LOL::ROFLMAO:!
Wonderful that you will be taking the whole family! Also that you will be going at such a young age! That means you’ll have many more years for many more trips!

Welcome top AH Max! Nice to have you join us.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH Max!

Welcome to AH.

Welcome! Lots of good options from a number of AH sponsors.

Giday and welcome to the A H forus Max

Welcome to AH, Max!

Welcome and best of luck in your safari planning and research. A great community for information.

Welcome aboard Max. What do you hunt in the States? What do you hut it with? Are you expecting the wife and some of the older kids to hunt while you are in Africa?

Welcome to the posting side Max. Sounds like you are setting up a great reason to go make sure it’s safe before 5 years gets here! Well played! Honey, honestly it is a recon mission for your safety. Just might work!
Hell I’ve never been able to stay married long enough to plan out that far in advance!
Cheers,
Cody

Welcome!!

Glad you jumped on to the posting side.
Enjoy your final planning stages.

Welcome.

Welcome back from your long sleep...:D:LOL::ROFLMAO:!
Wonderful that you will be taking the whole family! Also that you will be going at such a young age! That means you’ll have many more years for many more trips!
Thanks! It's hard for me to imagine really going anywhere without my family. I'm blessed in many ways. I hope you're right that it will be the first of many. From your lips to God's ears!

Welcome aboard Max. What do you hunt in the States? What do you hut it with? Are you expecting the wife and some of the older kids to hunt while you are in Africa?
Whitetail deer, boar, black bear, coyote, rabbit and squirrel. I use a Ruger 10/22 on rabbit and squirrel, but I've used a bit of everything on the rest. My go-to, though, is my Marlin 1895 SBL .45-70, mainly because it fits me very well and I know I can shoot it!

I'd love if my wife took up a bit of hunting between now and then, but I'm not holding my breath. My oldest will be 11 by the time we go. I'm hoping to have her hunting small game by then, but we'll have to see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyBelai

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross