Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Belgium, Scotland, Slovenia, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Hi all,

new member here. Been hunting for about 10years now. No one in my family hunted before, but my interest won from the unknown and I participated in the exam. Since then I converted my brother and and my father as well. I've mainly hunted small game in Flanders Fields', multiple times stag and deer in Scotland and some driven hunts in Ardennes forests. Not a big fan of driven hunts on big game though.

I should be going to Africa on a hunt of a lifetime with my father, mother and my fiancee in about 3 weeks. Being there from 8 till 26th of February not far from Grahamstown, Zuid-Afrika.

Hope to pick your brains and learn a lot!

cheers,

Vertigo

Last edited:
Welcome to AH

VertigoBE, welcome to the AH forum! Man you're picking a hot weather time to hunt! But, believe me it wont be your last!
Are you planning a special trophy, or just looking for what Mother Africa offers?

Welcome to AH Vertigo! Enjoy your time in Africa and share your hunt with us when you return.

Welcome aboard VertigoBE. Hunting Africa is like no other hunting you've ever done before. BTW congratulations on "converting" your father and brother. Will your dad be hunting Africa as well or just observing? If you are like most of us, you will be planning your return trip while still there or at the latest on the flight home. For what it is worth, it is a lot more comfortable hunting weather, when you do it during their Fall and Winter. However flights and hunting packages will cost you more.

Welcome and good luck on your trip!

VertigoBE, welcome to the AH forum! Man you're picking a hot weather time to hunt! But, believe me it wont be your last!
Are you planning a special trophy, or just looking for what Mother Africa offers?
Hi Ridgewalker,
the original scheduled date had been for November last year (but covid...) so it's fingers crossed if we even will be able to fly out in a couple of weeks.

In the beginning I had an entire list of animals, was really comparing trophees, prices etc. Since then I have calmed down, and I'll just take what is provided. I am not going to explode the budget though, so mostly the cheaper species, impala, blesbuck, black wildebeest, warthog and if all goes well kudu, black springbuck (gift from brother & sister) and white blesbuck (gift from fiancee).

I calmed down, because my end goal at some point is to have a buffalo hunt. And I quickly realised I would be going back. Once I made that realisation it doesn't really matter that much anymore what I will be able to take this time around. There will be more times! (and luckily a fiancee who understands and is not too contrary to this money consuming hobby).

Welcome to AH Vertigo! Enjoy your time in Africa and share your hunt with us when you return.
Will do! And thank you for this forum. I've been lurking in the shadows for a few years.

Welcome aboard VertigoBE. Hunting Africa is like no other hunting you've ever done before. BTW congratulations on "converting" your father and brother. Will your dad be hunting Africa as well or just observing? If you are like most of us, you will be planning your return trip while still there or at the latest on the flight home. For what it is worth, it is a lot more comfortable hunting weather, when you do it during their Fall and Winter. However flights and hunting packages will cost you more.

Hi Shootist43,

Indeed, so far my father has now hunted much more than my brother and myself. Combination of having more time, more disposable income (no more three kids at home) and better connections. He will try to go for Nyala, Kudu and Sable, among some other species.

I am not actively planning yet the next trip. (the first one is headache enough with covid) But I do know that I will be going back to Africa. If I could make a decent money, I would be hunting as a profession. I enjoy it too much.

As far as the timing, we were supposed to go in November 2020, but due to covid it was postponed. And I did not want to wait too many months, so we rescheduled for February 2021. Then again the high temperatures will be good for my mother and fiancee, if they want to stay at the pool. Because my father and I have foreseen to be principally hunting each day for 20days straight.

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to the posting side.
I look forward to reading you hunting report.

Giday Vertigo and welcome to the A H forums

Hello VertigoBE,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH!

Hi all,

new member here. Been hunting for about 10years now. No one in my family hunted before, but my interest won from the unknown and I participated in the exam. Since then I converted my brother and and my father as well. I've mainly hunted small game in Flanders Fields', multiple times stag and deer in Scotland and some driven hunts in Ardennes forests. Not a big fan of driven hunts on big game though.

I should be going to Africa on a hunt of a lifetime with my father, mother and my fiancee in about 3 weeks. Being there from 8 till 26th of February not far from Grahamstown, Zuid-Afrika.

cheers,

Vertigo
Welcome. Glad you joined the best group of people I know. Be careful Africa and the people on this forum will give you the bug. I am going on my second safari and have my third planned and paid for. Bought my first double rifle. It is contagious!!!

Hi all,

cheers,

Vertigo
Welcome to AH! Who are you hunting with? Should be a great hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg