Greatest Graduation Present Ever!!!!!

Congrats brother!! What a surprise!

Yes now you have to find an excuse to put it to use (y)

Just for your safety, I can break it in for you while you’re helping the granddaughter get her mule deer:D!

Congrats on both sir!

Give my best to Rudyard Kipling and congrats on the rifle (I trust your professor includes “Gunga Din” and perhaps “Tommy?”). That double would also be an awesome thing to take on a bear hunt on this side of the Atlantic.
Being a history nerd I've already skipped ahead a bit and looked at what is coming in the next few weeks. I was shocked that during our WWI portion Flanders Fields wasn't included???????? I've already sent the instructor a email asking how in the world this could be possible.

Is that rifle going to be available for clients to use at the Rockin G?;)
I'd imagine I could let a fella whack a pig with it.

Congratulations on your accomplishment. Like some of the others, I’d love to know how it shoots. Gorgeous weapon.

congratulations!

never heard of the brand before, let us know how it shoots.

-matt

FAIR = Fabbrica Armi Isidoro Rizzini

More commonly referred to in the US simply as Rizzini...better known here for their shotguns than their rifles I believe.. I honestly didnt know they made rifles until now...

But.. based on the pics Gizmo posted.. I am suddenly very interested in them..

FAIR = Fabbrica Armi Isidoro Rizzini

More commonly referred to in the US simply as Rizzini...better known here for their shotguns than their rifles I believe.. I honestly didnt know they made rifles until now...

But.. based on the pics Gizmo posted.. I am suddenly very interested in them..
Yes sir you are 100% correct. If you are interested in Rizzini rifles let me know, one of my best friends works for IFGA. He deals in FAIR, Sabatti, and Pedersoli as well as a few others.

What a marvelous forum we live in...

1. A retired cop is graduating from college.
2. Said retired cop soon to be a college graduate discusses poetry with a retired army general.
3. Someone wants to borrow a graduation present to whack a pig.
4. ATTAWAYTOGO GIZMO!!!!:A Banana:

What a marvelous forum we live in...

1. A retired cop is graduating from college.
2. Said retired cop soon to be a college graduate discusses poetry with a retired army general.
3. Someone wants to borrow a graduation present to whack a pig.
4. ATTAWAYTOGO GIZMO!!!!:A Banana:
Its wonderful isn't it.

Being a history nerd I've already skipped ahead a bit and looked at what is coming in the next few weeks. I was shocked that during our WWI portion Flanders Fields wasn't included???????? I've already sent the instructor a email asking how in the world this could be possible.
OMG. I am with you. It is the most important work to come out of the Great War. And of course Colonel John McCrae’s story is almost as moving. And in Canada, the poem and the poppy have formed the basis of their Rememberance Day celebration. And of course the poppy is the symbol of our own Memorial Day. Give’em hell.

OMG. I am with you. It is the most important work to come out of the Great War. And of course Colonel John McCrae’s story is almost as moving. And in Canada, the poem and the poppy have formed the basis of their Rememberance Day celebration. And of course the poppy is the symbol of our own Memorial Day. Give’em hell.
Lol, I did politely. My instructor is a really sweet young lady but she is pretty young so I'll sum it up as inexperience and age. My other class on the other hand......:S Rant::S Rant::S Rant::S Rant::S Rant::S Rant::S Rant::S Rant:

Congrats Erik, for your graduation and the nice double (y)

Soooooo, I graduate college in December with my Bachelors. My dad has known that I’ve wanted a double forever and I got a surprise phone call today to come pick up my graduation present from my good friend at IGFA.
Behold, the FAIR Safari in 9.3x74R (yes I know technically it’s not 375 or larger). I am so f’n excited I’ve just about wet myself over this. Now just to save my pennies and go whack another buffalo but with this guy this time!!!!View attachment 254882View attachment 254883View attachment 254884View attachment 254885View attachment 254901 View attachment 254887
Beautiful rifle. Congrats. I envy you.

For those wondering what the hell we are on about

In Flanders Fields
By John McCrae

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

Give my best to Rudyard Kipling and congrats on the rifle (I trust your professor includes “Gunga Din” and perhaps “Tommy?”). That double would also be an awesome thing to take on a bear hunt on this side of the Atlantic.

It is interesting how Kipling speaks to some young men. Around ninth grade we were given a selection of poems to choose to memorize. I chose "Young British Soldier" (also from Kipling's subcontinent days). It was interesting how after 9/11 the last stanza was still easily quotable, even though I had probably not thought of the poem in decades.

Speaking of "In Flanders Field" and Remembrance Day with the Poppy's symbolism, November 11th is closing in and I'll be wearing mine proudly. Here is a pic of the tattoo my brother has to honour the war heroes.
IMG_2222.PNG

I'd love to sit and chat about your Master's someday Eric! Now back to your awesome new rifle!

It is interesting how Kipling speaks to some young men. Around ninth grade we were given a selection of poems to choose to memorize. I chose "Young British Soldier" (also from Kipling's subcontinent days). It was interesting how after 9/11 the last stanza was still easily quotable, even though I had probably not thought of the poem in decades.
When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains,
And the women come out to cut up what remains,
Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
An' go to your Gawd like a soldier.
Go, go, go like a soldier,
So-oldier of the Queen!

Speaking of "In Flanders Field" and Remembrance Day with the Poppy's symbolism, November 11th is closing in and I'll be wearing mine proudly. Here is a pic of the tattoo my brother has to honour the war heroes.
View attachment 254982

I'd love to sit and chat about your Master's someday Eric! Now back to your awesome new rifle!
Awesome ink. I’m getting my Bachelors. I’d suck start my pistol at the thought of another several years. :A Bonk:

Congrats on the the degree and the rifle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win__

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you