Bet that cost a few pennies! So now how does one get that into the house short of removing the roof!
Haha, definitely a few pennies! Great question--another one I asked recently. The head, ears, and tusks are removable. Also, the body splits into two. Still may require some roof removal, but maybe not as much!

Agree on the cheaper Taxidermy. I believe you should get the best you can find for your Taxidermy . My opinion is leave off one or two trophies in order for the budget to work. It’s a great excuse to go hunting again!
Definitely! You don't want to end up with something like this:

_DSC0007.jpg

Attachments

• _DSC0007.JPG
    8.8 MB · Views: 97
Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!!!!!!! Simply amazing work! I too would like to know how you are going to transport this to the client, and how you will get it in the house or trophy room? Please give us some more details, like how long it took to get it done, how many people had to work on it, etc. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you!! The head, ears, and tusks are removable. Also, the body splits into two. The entire process, including the drying period, takes about 6 months. After the sculpting, skin prep, finishing, and habitat, you're looking at about 20 or so people working on the mount.

Unreal. How could a shop even allow that to get out of the door?
Haha, I know. It's pretty crazy. Not sure what's worse--the face or the curved body.

Thank you for your reply. Is the skin on this mount real, or replica? I assume if it is the real skin, that it would weight quite a bit. That is one mount I'd love to see in person. Thank you for posting.

Thank you for your reply. Is the skin on this mount real, or replica? I assume if it is the real skin, that it would weight quite a bit. That is one mount I'd love to see in person. Thank you for posting.
You're welcome! The skin on the mount is real. Don't know the exact weight, but it's definitely not light!

Did they split the skin to cut weight or use it full thickness? I think I saw them working on it when I visited to check on my mounts in Feb. Very impressive with ladders and hoists.

Stunning! Simply stunning. Just build the house around it or build a semi truck drive thru at both ends of the house.

Very innovative and really cool!

simply incredible!!!! Bravo!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swasel

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!