Free Hunt for One Hunter & One Observer from Arc Africa Hunting Safaris for 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were so many great pictures to choose from which made judging this contest more challenging then ever before!

The nine finalists pictures were selected by three judges, myself, AH Sponsor and donor of this hunt Arc Africa Hunting Safaris and AH member Velo Dog whom I would like to thank for taking on this challenge. There are three photos from each judge represented, which are posted below in no particular order.

Registered members of AH who have been members prior to March 10, 2015 may now place ONE vote for their favorite picture from amongst the finalists (judges and finalists cannot vote). To place your vote, reply in this thread by including in your post the number of the picture you are voting for. Voting will take place from March 16th until March 23, 2015 (ending at noon Pacific Standard Time). I am extending the voting by one day as I am posting the finalists a day late.

The finalist with the most votes when the contest closes will be the winner. In the case of a tie the winner will be selected by the panel of three judges from the pictures that have tied. The winner will be announced on March 24, 2015 in this thread.

Thank you again to everyone for all of the amazing entries and good luck to the finalists!

PICTURE ONE
by AH Member Ardent
Link to Picture
watermark.php

PICTURE TWO
by AH Member hunting4sanity
Link to Picture
watermark.php

PICTURE THREE
by AH Member BRICKBURN
Link to Picture
watermark.php

PICTURE FOUR
by AH Member Bhfs300
Link to Picture
watermark.php

PICTURE FIVE
by AH Member A.Dahlgren
Link to Picture
watermark.php

PICTURE SIX
by AH Member Warbird782
Link to Picture
watermark.php

PICTURE SEVEN
by AH Member A.Dahlgren
Link to Picture
watermark.php

PICTURE EIGHT
by AH Member blacks
Link to Picture
watermark.php

PICTURE NINE
by AH Member Luis
Link to Picture
watermark.php

Please only ONE vote per registered member of AH who has been a member prior to March 10, 2015! If you vote more than once your votes will not be counted.

Thank you Jerome,

As I said in my PM to you, I take this as a huge privilege and I really appreciate the chance to have participated in this way.
There were quite a few excellent photos submitted that, I had to struggle with before finally settling on my three choices.

Also, the reason I did not submit any photo of my own is that I felt I would just clutter up the works with my mediocre photo skills.
Glad now that I did not submit because then I could not have had the honor of being a preliminary judge.
In spite of that, perhaps next time I might try to submit something, not sure yet.

Good luck to our finalists,
Velo Dog.

Last edited by a moderator:
#5 by Dahlgren

#5. Dahlgren. Wow

#7 from Anton

Great Photos, but my vote goes to PICTURE SEVEN
by AH Member A.Dahlgren.

Picture #7 is my vote

Anton Dahlgren,

Your pictures are exceptional. Wouldn't it be great to let your photos speak for themselves instead of lobbying another site (that have AH members with virtually no posts here or who normally don't participate) you are a member of to get them to vote for you. Maybe I am just old fashion......or still soured from the last AH photo contest.

Maybe I am alone in my sentiments. Maybe it is cultural. I guess it is all within the rules. For some reason it just doesn't feel right though.

Possibly all the other contestants are doing the same. If so I apologize for singling you out.

Posted by Anton Dahlgren on another site:

http://forums.**NOT**PERMITTED**.com/groupee_common/ver1.3.7.2147483647/platform_images/blank.gif posted 17 March 2015 01:0517 March 2015 01:05

Been a member on Africahunting for almost as long as here but only have made 20 posts or so. Anyway I entered a photo contest that they did and 2 out of total 9 photos are from me. Please vote for Picture 5 or 7
icon_smile.gif

You need to be member since before today so no new members can vote.

http://www.africahunting.com/t...r-2015.19199/page-49

It's tough, but I'll go with 4

The mountain hunter in my soul demands that I vote for
PICTURE EIGHT
blacks

Maybe I am alone in my sentiments. ..............

Not likely. I'm pretty sure DOC managed the late entry for a reason, or he's getting absent minded. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I am just pleased to be a finalist with one of my photos.

Not likely. I'm pretty sure DOC managed the late entry for a reason, or he's getting absent minded. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I am just pleased to be a finalist with one of my photos.

Noticed Doc's late post too. You never know about Doc but there's probably some cynicism wrapped around that photo.:rolleyes:

PICTURE SEVEN

Picture 8 by Blacks for me thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg