Expanding bullets and solids for 375 H&H

damundsen87

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Looking for recommendations for a combo of solids and expanding bullets that you have gotten to shoot at the same point of impact in a 375. I am considering a swift a frame with the swift breakaway solid, a Los looking at the woodleigh hydro with maybe their weldcore. Anything else I should be looking at? Or should I just stick with an expanding bullet

Newboomer

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, SCI, American Legion, Freemasons
Hunted
RSA, Maine, Montana, Colorado, Texas, Alaska, California.
Barnes 235g TSX for pg. Barnes 350g TSX for everything else. No need for solids.

norfolk shooter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASC
Hunted
UK, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Dumfries and Galloway (Scotland). RSA, North West, Kalahari, Limpopo
I have had consistent one shot kills with sierra game king 250grn on PG and a big cat as well as muntjac deer in the UK. But @Newboomer has a good point with the TSX bullets and if you feel the need for solids go for Barnes banded solids and they SHOULD go in the same place as the TSX

meigsbucks

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA Life Member
Hunted
Zimbabwe and Namibia
I have had consistent one shot kills with sierra game king 250grn on PG and a big cat as well as muntjac deer in the UK. But @Newboomer has a good point with the TSX bullets and if you feel the need for solids go for Barnes banded solids and they SHOULD go in the same place as the TSX
Unfortunately a few years ago, ATF banned Barnes Banded Solids in .375 and .458... I believe they considered them armor piercing. Damn shame and stupid. I never heard of a criminal shooting someone with a .375 or a .458.

norfolk shooter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASC
Hunted
UK, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Dumfries and Galloway (Scotland). RSA, North West, Kalahari, Limpopo
Unfortunately a few years ago, ATF banned Barnes Banded Solids in .375 and .458... I believe they considered them armor piercing. Damn shame and stupid. I never heard of a criminal shooting someone with a .375 or a .458.
Well thats as stupid as the gun laws in the UK

Newboomer

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, SCI, American Legion, Freemasons
Hunted
RSA, Maine, Montana, Colorado, Texas, Alaska, California.
Typical bureaucratic bs from those who know nothing about what they are blathering about.

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Federal Trophy Bonded Bear Claws

Wyatt Smith

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Are you using factory ammo or reloading? Honestly I’ve never had any ammo that didn’t shoot within 3 inches of my scope once I got it zeroed at 100 yards on my 375. You should be able to find a combo that will work without too much trouble.

damundsen87

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
I plan on reloading once I get the rifle all set up. I just barely bought it last week. When you have calibers like 222, 257 Roberts, 6.5x55, 7x57, and 300 H&H reloading becomes a necessity unless you have a VERY well stocked gun store nearby. Maybe I've read too many books but even if I dont actually need solids, I feel like I should have solids.

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
On my last hunt in Mozambique I used factory 300 gr A frames and Woodleigh Hydros. From my R8, they group less than an inch apart vertically.

Major Khan

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Might l recommend Trophy Bonded Bear Claw soft point bullets and Trophy Bonded Sledge Hammer solid metal covered bullets ?

neckdeep

Gold supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI DSC DU Pheasants Forever
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique, USA, Argentina
Northfork's are going to be available from Reloading International again soon, they have some size's available now.

Tanks

AH elite
Reaction score
Media

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 6.43.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 6.43.01 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 6.43.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 6.43.03 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 31

Luvthunt

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
I’ve used Aframes and Sledgehammers in my Lott and they printed an inch apart. Also paired Aframes and Hornady solids and did about the same

MarkB

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Member of
NFA, SCI, DU, NA Hunter, BCWF, African Gazete
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SA, Namibia, BC, AB, Ont
I used 300 gr partitions and 300 gr Barnes banded solids, (bought enough for all my lifetime use requirements once years ago). Both printed close to point of impact, reload so can work velocity somewhat. Only used solids for ele and follow up on buff, both very close shots and both performed perfect, trigger pull=animal falling down dead. Next hunt no solids as lion and large PG for 375. Also changed to accubonds, hoping for less sewing on hides.

MB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaliaRoth

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh