Edwards Recoil Reducer

Edwards is far better and proven. It is best to send the stock to them to install and cost is very little. It can be installed yourself but depends on the gun on how hard it is. Try it. It really works.
Philip
Do they have local dealers who can install?

No but any gunsmith can do it. It was really easy for me to just take the stock off and UPS it to them and let them do it. Easy and inexpensive!
Philip

If you can drill a hole and slide it in... done! Installed, lol. Or foam it in a synthetic stock. easy peasy.

I was VERY CAREFUL when I drilled that 7/8" hole 4" deep in the finished AA Fancy stock on my .300 Weatherby.:oops:

Other than the drilling, they are easy to install.

I never used the recoil reducer.
Recoil reducer on my Mauser mod.98 in 404Jeffery would be secrilege.
Witold

I never used the recoil reducer.
Recoil reducer on my Mauser mod.98 in 404Jeffery would be secrilege.
Witold

i got no issue with people putting recoil reducing devices inside rifle stocks. its not visible and doesnt hurt anyone. if they sell the rifle a new owner could remove the device and replace with either lead or filler.

now those cursed muzzle breaks are a different story! we can melt down every last one of those for pot metal as far as im concerned. :S Rant:

-matt

Ever want to make Matt really mad?

Break into his house, steal his rifles, put brakes on all of them, and then return them. The look on hos face would be priceless. ... :A Banana Sad::A Blowup::A Skull::A Stars::A Stirring::E Horrified::E Head Scratch::E Shocked::E Shrug:

Royal, that post made me laugh loud enough that my coeworkers came over to see what was so funny. i need to stop reading your posts at work... :E Rofl:

now to make Royal mad, steal his guns and convert the actions to right hand. im guessing the look on his face would match mine after those muzzle breaks. :A Banana Sad::E Red Hot:

-matt

Hey everyone

Sorry for the necro post, and for having not posted in a while.

I wanted to find out if anyone knows if Edwards Recoil Reducers is still on business? I mailed them the other day about their MAX reducer for my 375H&H and haven't heard anything back.

Thanks very much!

Marshy

Hey everyone

Sorry for the necro post, and for having not posted in a while.

I wanted to find out if anyone knows if Edwards Recoil Reducers is still on business? I mailed them the other day about their MAX reducer for my 375H&H and haven't heard anything back.

Thanks very much!

Marshy
Tried calling the # listed today and left a message, not sure if it goes to the business or is a recycled number going to someone else. Brownells shows them as discontinued.

There is another product out there called Dead Mule that sounds like it operates similarly.

That will be the true tale, without the brake. When I had a brake on my .375 H&H the recoil was about like my .30/06. After I got used to the recoil I've never out the brake back on, and never will. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I got the brake as it served a great training purpose for me personally.

If the gun still doesn't flip at all after the brake is off then that reducer either really helps, the gun fit is perfect for you, or both.

Be careful with that .375 though, it will lead you places.... :)

http://www.africahunting.com/threads/big-bore-addiction-group.16761/

This man speaks wisdom! I'm very recoil sensitive, but for my safari decided to pick up a CZ 550 in .375. It's a dream to shoot, no recoil reducer, muzzle break, etc. I got it used and whoever gave it up should kick themselves (but not too hard, I love having it!). Well, after the safari I started thinking about a DG hunt and after watching a few "Buffalo Charging" videos decided that maybe...just maybe...I could go a little bigger. So now I have a 404 Jeffery that's currently being worked on by a gunsmith down here. Two years ago if you had told me I'd be shooting those two rifles I'd have asked you to see a doctor A.S.A.P. Now...it's an addiction!

Interesting product, I can see a real purpose for it! It sure tamed the recoil on that .375 Ruger.

I note on the website "It will take one hundred rounds or so before it starts working to its optimum, but you will notice an immediate reduction in recoil."

Thats a lot of shots with a 505 Gibbs or a TRex lol.

Hey all!

Just wanted to add that I got a call back from Edwards, they are still in business. Sadly over the last few weeks there have been a few deaths in the family so they are running a bit behind on returning calls/emails etc but they are still going! Just wanted to let you all know, hope you have a great one!

I just got off the phone with Edwards, going to send my .375 in and have them install a reducer!

Last edited:
Howzit all!

Thanks for the replies and for getting this thread up and running again!

And thanks for making the call and keeping us informed, Eventually_Africa! Unfortunately I can' phone internationally from home or work (and I'm based in South Africa) so email is my only way of getting hold of them. I'll try place an order with them in the next few weeks :)

Which model are all of you fitting? I was thinking with going with the MAX model for my 375H&H? What are your thoughts?

Thanks all!

Marshy!

Howzit all!

Thanks for the replies and for getting this thread up and running again!

And thanks for making the call and keeping us informed, Eventually_Africa! Unfortunately I can' phone internationally from home or work (and I'm based in South Africa) so email is my only way of getting hold of them. I'll try place an order with them in the next few weeks :)

Which model are all of you fitting? I was thinking with going with the MAX model for my 375H&H? What are your thoughts?

Thanks all!

Marshy!

I got the regular 4 inch non adjustable. When I called them up we had a nice conversation about which ones were recomended and that's what I was advised would work best. I imagine that it would be about the same for yours, but I'm also interested to hear any other answers!

I note on the website "It will take one hundred rounds or so before it starts working to its optimum, but you will notice an immediate reduction in recoil."

Thats a lot of shots with a 505 Gibbs or a TRex lol.
Actually, that number is for trap/skeet or sporting clay shotguns. After 3-4 rounds, it's good to go in a large caliber rifle. Kevin

sigh.
I wish that I had the ability to hunt with my 375 more so I could complain about recoil.

Maybe you guys could start a "Savage Hunter GoFundMe Account" so I could go hunt a grizzly or something big in Africa.

Heck, I'd settle for a Nilgai hunt in Texas. :)

With that said, My 375 doesn't kick. I let some 12 year old girls shoot it. But they were standing without a rest so their whole body would move and not take the brunt of impact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PWA703

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.