Edwards Recoil Reducer

sigh.
I wish that I had the ability to hunt with my 375 more so I could complain about recoil.

Maybe you guys could start a "Savage Hunter GoFundMe Account" so I could go hunt a grizzly or something big in Africa.

Heck, I'd settle for a Nilgai hunt in Texas. :)

With that said, My 375 doesn't kick. I let some 12 year old girls shoot it. But they were standing without a rest so their whole body would move and not take the brunt of impact.

Don't worry about going big or going home with your .375! I nailed an 8lb monkey at 80 yards with mine in Africa and, contrary to Hollywood, it didn't explode or anything! Got a very nice trophy out of it!
IMG-20170817-WA0009.jpg

This is a recoil reducer of my design it fits inside the synthetic of my Mossberg Patriot at 6.9 pounds it needed a little extra weight I figured the springs couldn’t hurt it went from a white knuckle grip to a relaxed hold. Just adding weight may have been all that was needed but I can hear and feel the springs upon firing so it is moving under recoil.
Shawn
2C34683E-07E2-4362-B95C-24D169AA85CC.jpeg

I haven't figured out the theory of recoil reducers, other than adding weight to increase the mass & reduce the velocity. I can sort of understand how a weight on a spring would act similarly to how a ling recoil automatic alters the duration of the recoil but doesn't really lessen it. Is that how the spring type recoil reducers work or am I missing something?

I haven't figured out the theory of recoil reducers, other than adding weight to increase the mass & reduce the velocity. I can sort of understand how a weight on a spring would act similarly to how a ling recoil automatic alters the duration of the recoil but doesn't really lessen it. Is that how the spring type recoil reducers work or am I missing something?
Its really strange how Edwards works. It weighs nothing and operates, as I understand it, by reducing the recoil that actually comes in waves like sound waves. We think of recoil as a sudden thump when in reality it is coming in waves we can’t see or feel. Go to the website and read about Edwards Recoil Reducer. I am probably not explaining it very well. I just know it works and does not add weight!
Philip

and does not add weight!

I didnt know this part.

I've read several positive reviews about the edwards product, but thought it was just another recoil reducer.. (all I have tried in the past seem to work about the same)..

I've got a 16oz mercury reducer in the butt of my .375 right now.. it works ok.. but I would sure love to get rid of that extra pound and move the balance point back forward another inch or two if I could..

I might have to give Edwards a call..

I've got a 16oz mercury reducer in the butt of my .375 right now.. it works ok.. but I would sure love to get rid of that extra pound and move the balance point back forward another inch or two if I could..
I put a 14 ounce mercury recoil reducer in the synthetic stock of my 375H&H.
I didn't like the balance at first, but after more than 50 rounds I've come to like it.
The balance point is right at the magazine on my CZ550, which makes it easy for me to carry without a strap.

I've had no experience or even heard of Edwards until I saw this thread, but I will be checking them out as well.

I just got off the phone with Edwards, going to send my .375 in and have them install a reducer!

Hi Edge, did you end up getting an Edwards fitted, and if so, how are you finding it?

Thanks a mil!

Marshy

Hi Edge, did you end up getting an Edwards fitted, and if so, how are you finding it?

Thanks a mil!

Marshy

Yes, I did get one installed. The reducer seemed to help with the muzzle flip which I was trying to control for a quicker follow up shot if needed.

Keep in mind, The reducer does add approximately 6 ounces to the butt of the rifle and may throw off the balance. I didn’t notice a problem with the Mod 70 Alaskan.

Yes, I did get one installed. The reducer seemed to help with the muzzle flip which I was trying to control for a quicker follow up shot if needed.

Keep in mind, The reducer does add approximately 6 ounces to the butt of the rifle and may throw off the balance. I didn’t notice a problem with the Mod 70 Alaskan.

Hi Edge, thanks for the quick reply! Ok, so it helps with the muzzle flip which is great! Have you found it assists with actual felt recoil?

Hi Edge, thanks for the quick reply! Ok, so it helps with the muzzle flip which is great! Have you found it assists with actual felt recoil?

I believe it helps some but other than a gut feel I’m not sure as the reduction in muzzle flip changed the recoil. It is more manageable and that was what I was after when shooting 2850 fps 250gr TTSX. 300 gr solids at 2500 are very manageable.

Hope that helps,

Edge

It looks to be a rather interesting concept based upon the principle of damping. The best part is its lack of weight. Most recoil reducers are so dang heavy. And I know, a lot of the heavy kickers could use more weight but placing it in the butt isn't the answer as it destroys handling, in my opinion (balance isn't simply where the balance point is located but also how weight is distributed along the length of the gun).

It looks to be a rather interesting concept based upon the principle of damping. The best part is its lack of weight. Most recoil reducers are so dang heavy. And I know, a lot of the heavy kickers could use more weight but placing it in the butt isn't the answer as it destroys handling, in my opinion (balance isn't simply where the balance point is located but also how weight is distributed along the length of the gun).
My Blaser S2 came with a removable factory one in the butt that weighed a lot. I pulled it pretty quickly and never have had an issue other than a handier double rifle. One that doesn't add meaningful weight would be intriguing - particularly on a .40 cal class rifle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win__

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you