DSC and SCI Shows 2021 - What are your feelings in the current environment?

Eagerly awaiting the reports from both of these shows.

I AGREE WITH PHILLIP! YES AND YES!
This is not the ordinary flu but you have to understand without Herd Immunity, we will never get control. Open our schools because kids don't
get sick with this! There are six comorbidities that are associated with 98.7% of the deaths, those are the people we need to protect.
Almost 40% of the deaths in New York City are due to an order from the Gov. who issued an order to send infected nursing home patients
back to the nursing homes! If you ever took a Microbiology course you would know that was stupid!
As a surgeon and previous viral researcher we have China to blame for this, SARS and MARS came from them and we got thru it, elect a democrat and
we will be attacked again with another virus or some other method from China!

In Orange County, CA only 18% of the people that got the virus was over 65. However, that demographic accounted for 75% of the deaths.

This is NOT just like the flu.
And according to this morning’s stats more then 40 % of those were in “care” facilities.

This is NOT just like the flu.

Nor is it like small pox which is far deadlier. Though we have eradicated that viral infection now most of our history in the US and through out the world has taken place while that virus was prominent.. The point is, there will always be a new plague. If how we have reacted to this virus, will become the norm for the future viruses, then, we will become a species that huddles in fear. That is not a choice that makes sense to me. Especially when I am far more likely to be severely injured or die getting to the DSC convention while driving my car. That does not stop me from making the 45 mile commute to the convention center in Dallas.

Attending the DSC Convention is always a choice we make, just like choosing to book that dangerous game hunt. However, many of us did not make that hunt this year but the decision was not our choice. Let's have the convention. Let us educate our selves and evaluate the risk. Let us, the individual, then make the choice on whether to come or not.

If they hold the shows, I will attend SCI, now that it's back in Vegas. If they end up in Reno again, I will pass. Again.

Yes .
And work permitting- we'll be there

And according to this morning’s stats more then 40 % of those were in “care” facilities.

Some will stay curled up in the corner of their house, in the fetal position. Others will get on with life knowing there's just as good a chance of winning the lottery than getting killed by COVID. Fear has no place in my life.

Im sure hoping it all goes ahead. I have put in for the time off so god willing will be there

I will more than likely attend SCI in Vegas next year. I have a hunt scheduled with Huntershill for April and I want to talk with them to iron out any details.
Unless the chicoms and dems unleash covid round two in an attempt to beat Trump, life should be pretty well back to normal by then. So far I've led my normal life as per usual. When your number is called nothing can prevent the outcome. I'll be damned if I will cower and hide. I believe most of this is attitude. With a strong will you can overcome most anything, but if you worry about getting sick, you will. Anyway, I'm too damned ornery for any bug to get me.

If I have regained full time employment this November, I will be at DSC. If still working part-time, that will depend if I have to work those days or not. Not too concerned about the Wohan virus (SARS 2) it will play itself out, just as SARS did.

Assuming DSC goes this year.. I will definitely be there again, and will definitely be volunteering again.. and will definitely be at the AH Dinner again..

I’m going to SCI,this world needs to move.What is life under wraps.Having said that if your not well don’t go.

I am expecting to attend again this year. I will be treating it just like the year the flu outbreak was rampant during the show. And before anyone jumps all over me, I am not comparing Covid to the flu, just using the same precautions.

Yes and yes. Much of my thinking is based on the President getting re-elected. If he doesn’t all Hell could break loose!
I say make your plans to go to SCI and DSC so we can all join up and support conservation and preserve our hunting rights!
Philip

Totally agree Philip. Personally, I have already booked my accommodation for Dallas next year. Was just wondering what the general feeling was regarding the shows. Foot traffic might be down to social distancing measures. Not quite sure how that will work.

Well my time off has been approved!! DSC 2021 watch out I'm coming back!!!!

Totally agree Philip. Personally, I have already booked my accommodation for Dallas next year. Was just wondering what the general feeling was regarding the shows. Foot traffic might be down to social distancing measures. Not quite sure how that will work.
No one knows but we are planning for all to be back to normal. I’ve got SCI rooms booked but not DSC yet. Now you’ve given me something to work on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg