Don't laugh at my 21st century 375 H&H!

I live in Alaska, absolutely no one here would say anything but praise about that for any hunting here, especially coastal brownies. Stainless is a given in my book and although I love nice wood I have synthetic or laminate stocks for the cruddy weather hunts.

the beauty is in the performance. when S&W started making revolvers with Stainless a lot of gunsmiths pitched fits- but I carried a Model 66 as duty revolver for years and it needed minimal care. Same with a rifle that is carried in wet/humid conditions. If the lightness bothers you, it can be plated to a dark color. a few years back I got a Sako 85 stainless with laminated stock 7/08 Rem- seems the ol' Model 70 gets let at home most times anymore.

I also have a more traditional 500 Jeffery, but will probably buy a B&C synthetic stock to switch it into for Alaska. I'm more concerned about it changing point of impact due to weather than damage to the stock. I will switch it back to the walnut stock when I return, it's just so pretty lol

colorado do you know with the B&C stocks is it just a straight swop or do they need some fitting? i have emailed CZ about one of their synthetic stocks for my 500 jeff which my .416 rigby has, so waiting to see what they say.

Great choice, especially for AK. Tough country needs tough guns. I have three MRC's personally and we have sold several. Haven't had any complaints or trouble out of mine or the ones we have sold. I actually bought a 416 Rem Mag SS/Syn for AK, but ended up taking my 338 RUM(old habits are hard to break). I love that 416 though. You should be happy with your purchase.
image.jpeg

Congrats,
Cody

colorado do you know with the B&C stocks is it just a straight swop or do they need some fitting? i have emailed CZ about one of their synthetic stocks for my 500 jeff which my .416 rigby has, so waiting to see what they say.

mike , i use CZ's synthetic stocks , my .458 lott has one and i am busy with another .416 rigby at the moment , good stocks .

If you're shooting factory ammunition. It's hard to go wrong with the Remington Safari Grade loaded with 300g A-Frames. We've had great luck with them on black bear and brown bear. No cape buffalo yet, but maybe down the road ...

Great choice, especially for AK. Tough country needs tough guns. I have three MRC's personally and we have sold several. Haven't had any complaints or trouble out of mine or the ones we have sold. I actually bought a 416 Rem Mag SS/Syn for AK, but ended up taking my 338 RUM(old habits are hard to break). I love that 416 though. You should be happy with your purchase.
View attachment 160054
Congrats,
Cody
Nice looking MRC you have! I'll see how mine does hopefully this week at the range.

I'm not laughing but I an jealous.

Stainless & synthetic is perfect for me when my hunting calls for it.... When it's for show or the conditions are perfect with no rain, conditions, thorns, etc.... Bring on the wood.... Which is rare for me!!!!

I'd never laugh at another man's rifle. My parents raised me better than that. Congrats on a great new rifle...hope it gives you years of enjoyment!

Some rifles are for show, Some are for go- that one will definitely GO!!

Yours
27152_10152259949000400_570658986_n.jpg
looks pretty tame beside mine!

Attachments

• 27152_10152259949000400_570658986_n.jpg
    27152_10152259949000400_570658986_n.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 159
Wow! Sheephunterab that is pretty wild! I like it! Did you paint it?

IMG_1463.JPG
Finally got to test my first handloads. Using 235 gr Speer SP, WLRM primers and a "ladder" test of CFE223 from the Hodgdon website. Loads were from 78.0-84.5 in one grain increments for all except for the last which was only .5 step.
You can see the results. I forgot to bring a fouling load, so the 78.0 load at the bottom was used. The rest clustered so close I couldn't separate them except the last shot.
My conclusion is I might as well use the fastest load, because it appears that it doesn't make a lot of difference.
I now have the barrel broken-in per MRC's manual and a light, easy recoiling, but fast load to learn the handling characteristics with.
Next tests will be a 250 gr Barnes TTSX for plains game. Oh and finding a factory 300 gr load both SP and solid for tougher game.

A 250-grain mono metal will be tough enough for anything you point it at!

View attachment 160460
Finally got to test my first handloads. Using 235 gr Speer SP, WLRM primers and a "ladder" test of CFE223 from the Hodgdon website. Loads were from 78.0-84.5 in one grain increments for all except for the last which was only .5 step.
You can see the results. I forgot to bring a fouling load, so the 78.0 load at the bottom was used. The rest clustered so close I couldn't separate them except the last shot.
My conclusion is I might as well use the fastest load, because it appears that it doesn't make a lot of difference.
I now have the barrel broken-in per MRC's manual and a light, easy recoiling, but fast load to learn the handling characteristics with.
Next tests will be a 250 gr Barnes TTSX for plains game. Oh and finding a factory 300 gr load both SP and solid for tougher game.

Very well done!

That target says money well spent.

I drew a private land cow elk tag this year. I think I might try this load to see how it does.

My prediction would be dead elk!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg