Don't laugh at my 21st century 375 H&H!

colorado

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
colorado do you know with the B&C stocks is it just a straight swop or do they need some fitting? i have emailed CZ about one of their synthetic stocks for my 500 jeff which my .416 rigby has, so waiting to see what they say.

Spike sorry I don't know. I think it's supposed to be drop in, but are they ever really? I want to be able to swap back and forth between wood and synthetic myself, don't mind if I need a gunsmith to fit the synthetic initially. I'll ask Harlan at Triple River and get back to you unless someone knows the answer here. Sorry for the late reply.

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
Spike sorry I don't know. I think it's supposed to be drop in, but are they ever really? I want to be able to swap back and forth between wood and synthetic myself, don't mind if I need a gunsmith to fit the synthetic initially. I'll ask Harlan at Triple River and get back to you unless someone knows the answer here. Sorry for the late reply.

hi no probs . have been emailing rob at cz custom who sorted export of the rifle in first place, and kip at cz, but to have one sent is with export licence and handling fee $425.00 plus cost of stock.....so bit pricey . kip said he cant even export a screw....thats why exports etc i presume go through custom shop. they been very helpful i must say. looking to sort it so i can pick it up at sci. and kip said due to .500 jeff barrel profile there is a small amount of fitting needed. and as licence was sorted and back from takeri in lusaka picked it up today.....along with all the .500 jeff ammo in the shop...13 rnds :D cant wait to see look on @PeteG face when he shoots it.......:whistle::D

colorado

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Awesome, I won't be going to the next one, but will go to Reno. See you and Jaco there?

Ray B

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
I was quite disappointed with the CZ Custom shop, in Kansas City I think. I ordered a 550 in 404 J only to get a call from someone saying that it didn't matter if it was listed or not, they weren't going to fill the order. Didn't seem to be very good customer service- leading my choice in a handgun away from CZ and toward SIG.

colorado

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Sorry to hear that. I worked with Jason at the CZ Custom Shop and Harlan at Triple River w;ho does most of their work. Both stand up guys. It took a bit to get my 500 Jeffery to function flawlessly but I can't complain about their service or attitude. I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted

PeteG

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
and as licence was sorted and back from takeri in lusaka picked it up today.....along with all the .500 jeff ammo in the shop...13 rnds :D cant wait to see look on @PeteG face when he shoots it.......:whistle::D
shooting it... pah, piece of cake... its the the getting up off the floor with a rifle in hand, thats tricky!:ROFLMAO:

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted

Albert GRANT

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA, Canada, Ireland
Nothing wrong with your rifle in my opinion. This is mine
20161013_082757.jpg

colorado

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Nice rifle, nice lines very functional. We have Rem XCR II in 375 Weatherby, that is light functional and weather resistant. Your rifle looks awesome.

EDELWEISS

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
US, Canada, Middle East(does that count)
As youve hard in the last 3 pages, theres nothing wrong with stainless and synthetic--especially where weather conditions "require" it. Function has a beauty all its own!

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
I've posted this in another thread, but here is the Kimber in SS and Carbon fiber, feels great, shoots great...love it!

20160325_163005.jpg

Albert GRANT

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA, Canada, Ireland
Once I put some thought into it, I realized this was a better way to go for me anyway. I'm going to be taking off the irons and muzzle brake and putting on a custom made reflex suppressor that slides over the barrel. This would ruin the look of a classic blued and walnut african rifle, but works perfect on this

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
Thanks guys. I'm trying to work up a 250 Barnes TTSX load for plains game. Having a little trouble. 2 shots very close, then one 2" out. May need to play with the seating depth more. The first try was .080 off the lands and they went everywhere. This is my first time using Barnes bullets. I'll get it to work. Just takes a little time.

Reedy, I have a 243 Kimber Montana. Shoots 3 Rounds at 200 yards into 1.25". 85 gr Nosler Partitions ahead of H414. Blew my buds away who didn't think the spindly barrel would shoot well. Great little walking varmint gun!

Albert GRANT

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA, Canada, Ireland
Thanks guys. I'm trying to work up a 250 Barnes TTSX load for plains game. Having a little trouble. 2 shots very close, then one 2" out. May need to play with the seating depth more. The first try was .080 off the lands and they went everywhere. This is my first time using Barnes bullets. I'll get it to work. Just takes a little time.

Reedy, I have a 243 Kimber Montana. Shoots 3 Rounds at 200 yards into 1.25". 85 gr Nosler Partitions ahead of H414. Blew my buds away who didn't think the spindly barrel would shoot well. Great little walking varmint gun!
Peregrine bullets are now available in the US. You should look at their 230gr bullets. Might work better than the barnes for you.

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
I'll check in to Peregine. Never heard of them. Thanks AG.

Albert GRANT

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA, Canada, Ireland
South african company- awesome design

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubet777

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.