CZ-550 American .416 Rigby

Rule 303

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Australia, New Zealand, Zimbabwe & Namibia
What colorado said. Works for me as well.

Code4

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia, Zimbabwe, RSA (2), NZ (2), UK.
Short answer. Yes.

AZDAVE

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Alaska,lower 48
I know that compulsive disorder... I believe it's called exhaustive-propellant-brimming disorder... I used to suffer from it until I realized I could no longer convince myself that it killed things deader. But it lead to the next disorder which, as adding more powder didn't kill 'em any deader, then perhaps a larger bore and more lead is the answer to making an animal ultra-super-stone-cold-bucket-thoroughly-kicked DEAD. Haven't talked myself outta that mentality yet.

I am just sitting here laughing, as I have the same disorder. Gotta love the 40+ Calibres:D

8x68

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
OFAH, CCFR
Hunted
Canada, USA
I have several CZ's and really haven't had any feed issues. Action is a bit rough but really didn't bother me. Actions are definitely smoother than the old BRNO's I have. I used to drive my mum nuts when I sat in front of the telly racking the action whilst watching hockey. I found the more you shoot the BRNO & CZ's the smoother the action gets.
Regarding the OP's question. The CZ 550 416 Rigby I have I bought 20+ yrs ago. It is the straight stock version. Haven't had an issue with it except it "jiggles the fillings" pretty good. Did a nice job on a "big tusker" groundhog that tried to defy a 400gr RN at 20yds :ROFLMAO:

Neil Molendyk

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI,CCFR
Hunted
Alberta Canada,Saskatchewan Canada, Namibia, Limpopo RSA, Eastern Cape RSA
I purchased the same model for my DG hunt in South Africa a few years ago. Price point was a big concern and wanting a crf, hence the CZ 550 choice. It took a bit of polishing while watching hunting videos, trying to get as much info on DG hunting. One thing I found while reloading rounds, I used Hornady DGX 400 gr for practice and sighting in and they did not feed well, I think it was the profile of the bullet itself on the feed ramp. As i was not going to be using them for hunting it was not a big concern. I chose the Swift 400 gr A frame and 400 gr breakaway solids. they fed without any issue. Both the Hornady and Swift loaded rounds were the same C.O.L, for what its worth. Have fun and enjoy your new CZ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lore2

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

BillyMiller wrote on Qc_BearHunter's profile.
Hi. I’m also new to AH. I’m a professional hunter in Zambia. If you would like me to quote or give you any advise would be more than happy to help. You can reach me on WhatsApp or Signal on +260 977 583697
Rifle57 wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
Viral is a great guy to trade with First Class all the way!!
Rickmt wrote on Justbryan's profile.
What is your new shorter rifle? Thanx Bryan !
raamw wrote on neckdeep's profile.
Supply your address so I can get shipping Paypal Friend (no ) fee) is fine
Viral_SIGness wrote on Rifle57's profile.
Great person to deal with. Fast communication and quick shipper!