Canted reticle in a Swarovski scope

Ernie, I assume you have someone is SA that can help you ship the scope.
If not let me know and I'll call in a favor for you.

Stay safe.
No mate I don't. ... I'm hoping someone can.... I'd be grateful ...and then owe you one! !

Gentlemen. .. thank you for the input.
I'll get it back to swarovski .... Brickburn... I'd be grateful of some help!
I can get it to SA... MIDRAND area of jhbg.

Ole Bally, thanks for clearing that up. I recently purchased a scoped rifle in 308 Norma Mag. The gun had not been fired in almost 40 years. After firing 8 rounds I noticed that the cross hairs were canted (just like yours) however, in my case the turrets were canted as well. I'm a firm believer in the old adage "that one should not throw the baby out with the bath-water." I hope you can get your scope repaired properly for a reasonable sum and in a reasonable amount of time. Although not a Swarovski I sent 4 Vintage Weaver K 4 scopes to Iron Site (a repair facility in the States) it took them fourteen months. Since I was going to put them on the shelf for future use anyway, the time lag didn't cause me any concern. Your needs are obviously different.

Ole Bally, thanks for clearing that up. I recently purchased a scoped rifle in 308 Norma Mag. The gun had not been fired in almost 40 years. After firing 8 rounds I noticed that the cross hairs were canted (just like yours) however, in my case the turrets were canted as well. I'm a firm believer in the old adage "that one should not throw the baby out with the bath-water." I hope you can get your scope repaired properly for a reasonable sum and in a reasonable amount of time. Although not a Swarovski I sent 4 Vintage Weaver K 4 scopes to Iron Site (a repair facility in the States) it took them fourteen months. Since I was going to put them on the shelf for future use anyway, the time lag didn't cause me any concern. Your needs are obviously different.
Wow! 14 months is quite a while!
You tube has various videos on how to reset the reticle's. It's just not something I want to try !
There's a threaded ring that secures the reticle and they come loose it appears.
Well we'll see what swarovski come up with!!

Gentlemen. .. thank you for the input.
I'll get it back to swarovski .... Brickburn... I'd be grateful of some help!
I can get it to SA... MIDRAND area of jhbg.

PM sent.

Ole Bally, I am residing in Witbank, Mpumalanga, get the scope to me , I will send it from Witbank to Swarovski. Let me know when to expect the scope for delivery to me. Here is my email address: godendaal@hotmail.com
Cell: 0842062257
I am awaiting delivery...(y)(y)(y)

Gert, I hope Ole Bally takes you up on your offer. This is just one more time an AH member helps out a "virtual" hunting buddy.

If I can be of assistance I will definitely help any member of this forum.(y)(y)(y)

Ole. I contacted Swarovski dealer in Durban today..he says it is not a problem. Send me the scope so I can send it to the Dealer to sort out your problem on the scope...(y)(y)(y)(y)

We have Huntex here in Joburg and Swarovski will be exhibiting. I will attend on Friday. I can check with them if you want?

I did phone Andrew ( importer/dealer of Swarovski in Durban) he said it will be not a problem. He will send me the required forms to fill out when I receive the scope from Zimbabwe to send with to him . Andrew mentioned he will attend the Huntex show and will then be available the week after. The scope is on route from Zimbabwe and I will get it as soon as possible to Durban.
Thank you for the suggestion it really is much appreciated. It is always nice to have members supporting each other in scenarios like this.(y)(y) Although it really would be interesting to inquire regarding the phenomenon of reticules canting in the tube,especially high end scopes like a Swarovski????

I was talking to a outfitter in Arizona here in the US and he mentioned that he has seen quite a few problem with Swarovski scopes on his hunts there, and he is a Swarovski fan. All of his optics except for his rifle scopes are Swarovski's. He loves their optics but he said that they just don't hold up to some of the abuse that his clients put them through.

His scope of choice are Leopold's, he says that they take a beating and still hold up.

I was talking to a outfitter in Arizona here in the US and he mentioned that he has seen quite a few problem with Swarovski scopes on his hunts there, and he is a Swarovski fan. All of his optics except for his rifle scopes are Swarovski's. He loves their optics but he said that they just don't hold up to some of the abuse that his clients put them through.

His scope of choice are Leopold's, he says that they take a beating and still hold up.

I hope the Leupold scopes continue to hold up because I have several on my favorite rifles.

I suspect any technical /mechanical build item is prone to mechanical fault some time along the line ...this is where the real difference is coming in..as I always pointing out.."any person can buy an article/item/rifle scope..but not every person can purchase "excellent after sale service" As far as I know, through getting feedback from hunters who bought Swarovski scopes ..according to them their after sale service is excellent.. that comes with the price for such a high end scope...let us see how this works out for the PH from Zimbabwe..(y)(y)

now ernie i bet your real pleased you asked this simple little question arent you?...........:E Rofl::D Beers:

There is no such thing as a simple question or answer on a internet forum.

When you buy a Swarovski, kahles, S&B, Leupold Mk6 or mk8, etc, it's more than a product. It's the reputation of that company. They tend to back it. I'd not let anyone but Swarovski touch it.

I already communicate with the (y)Swarovski dealer..I will take it from here when the scope arrives and send it to the dealer in Durban.(y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg