Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, New Zealand, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
@Philip Glass excellent trophies and hunt! Must have been miserable getting sick. Glad you powered through it. The LDE looks awesome and will make a beautiful mount.

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)

kurpfalzjäger

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
These areas are unsafe , but in Africa you only see the danger when it is already there. What the people tell you on place is a lie , anyway. Collaboration with the enemy is great. In terms of security , you can also forget the local armies and police. There is a reason why France has to deploy troops in west and central Africa, among others.

I don't understand that there are still outfitters that take a risk with their customers. Don't believe that the french army will always sacrifice soldiers to rescue careless tourists like in Benin.

Last edited:

mikecatt13

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Any tips on what you did/took to get through your sickness (or what caused it?)? Hopefully wont have to find out what it's like to be sick so far from home especially during hunting days, but if there are tips to get better faster it would be worth remembering

MAdcox

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC; DSCOK
Hunted
Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, South Africa (Limpopo, Northern Cape)
Great report and great animals. Congratulations on an awesome hunt. Glad you were able to work through being sick. That is always a worry of mine before any big travel.

gillettehunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Namibia, Kyrgyzstan(2) South Africa(4) New Zealand Zambia(2)
Beautiful trophies. Congrats on a great hunt. I'm sure that its one you'll always remember. It is very tough to get sick and just not feel well when hunting. Glad you made it through it.
Bruce

whitetail

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DSC, RMEF
Hunted
RSA, Zimbabwe
Phenomenal hunt buddy!!! You sure had the opportunity to see and take some of Africa’s most sought after animals!! Bravo!!!

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Congrats for a great adventure Philip (y)

You had a hard time, but were rewarded by very good trophies.

K-man

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Spain, Alaska, RSA, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, British Columbia, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming
Congrats on some fine animals! Thanks for the report, did you use your R8 exclusively and the .375?

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
These areas are unsafe , but in Africa you only see the danger when it is already there. What the people tell you on place is a lie , anyway. Collaboration with the enemy is great. In terms of security , you can also forget the local armies and police. There is a reason why France has to deploy troops in west and central Africa, among others.

I don't understand that there are still outfitters that take a risk with their customers. Don't believe that the french army will always sacrifice soldiers to rescue careless tourists like in Benin.
Its a level 2 country for Americans with some level 3 areas. I guess I have spent too much of my professional life banging around the amber colored areas of the world to automatically strike any such destination off my hunting list. Bob Kern of the Hunting Consortium is one of the best, most experienced, and most trusted agents in the business. Pretty sure he hasn't lost a client to a revolution yet.

Fabulous set of animals @Philip Glass . You could not improve upon that ancient buffalo, and no words truly describe a LDE. Your bull is magnificent.

Did you travel with an antibiotic? I have been hit with bugs as bad as Shigella Dysentery over the years and never leave home without a couple of courses of gorillacillin (usually Cipro) in my carry-on. Glad you mended quickly.

That R8 is a pretty nice rifle isn't it!

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
Any tips on what you did/took to get through your sickness (or what caused it?)? Hopefully wont have to find out what it's like to be sick so far from home especially during hunting days, but if there are tips to get better faster it would be worth remembering
I never ever go to Africa, South America, or Asia without a general purpose antibiotic - usually two courses worth. Cipro will cure almost anything.

Wheels

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
Missed you at DSC this year. Now I know why.

Glad you survived the crud. It is never fun getting sick, especially when away from home.

When reading hunting reports there always seems to be an animal or two that are very average. Not here. Your animals are fantastic. All are top trophies.

Thanks for sharing your memories with us.

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, ALASKA Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
Outstanding!

mark-hunter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Namibia - Kalahari, Namibia - Khomas highland
Hi Phillip!
Great hunt and great report, congratulations!

Question:
What are the security risks, threats, or concerns on the ground in Cameroon?
Or which parts of the country could be considered risky?

If you had a chance to discuss with PH?

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Hi Phillip!
Great hunt and great report, congratulations!

Question:
What are the security risks, threats, or concerns on the ground in Cameroon?
Or which parts of the country could be considered risky?

If you had a chance to discuss with PH?
Go to the link in post 23 above. State Dept.

Scott CWO

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI, WSF, RMEF, GSCO, and NRA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique x3, Tanzania and CAR. Tajikistan, Canada, Mexico, AK, WY, NM, SD, CO, UT, AZ, NV
What a great safari Philip! Way to hang in there and persevere! I ALWAYS enjoy your stories and success.

Other than the group you saw when you got your roan, did you see any others?

JES Adventures

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Website
www.ranchinvestments.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
Life Member of DSC, NRA and SCI
Hunted
Botswana, Cameroon, CAR, Ethiopia, Namibia, RSA, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe and Zambia. US, Canada, Arctic, Mexico, Argentina, Spain, Portugal, U.K., Romania, Tadjikistan, Nepal, China, Australia and New Zealand
Excellent Report and even greater trophies! Congrats on a productive Savannah Safari. The LDE is magnificent but I’ve never seen a Red Flanked Duiker that big, he’s impressive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osne

Latest profile posts

RicardoT wrote on Jan007's profile.
Hallo , ek stel belang as die 375 steeds beskikbaar is 083 511 9921
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.