Great report - congrats!

@Philip Glass excellent trophies and hunt! Must have been miserable getting sick. Glad you powered through it. The LDE looks awesome and will make a beautiful mount.

These areas are unsafe , but in Africa you only see the danger when it is already there. What the people tell you on place is a lie , anyway. Collaboration with the enemy is great. In terms of security , you can also forget the local armies and police. There is a reason why France has to deploy troops in west and central Africa, among others.

I don't understand that there are still outfitters that take a risk with their customers. Don't believe that the french army will always sacrifice soldiers to rescue careless tourists like in Benin.

Last edited:
Any tips on what you did/took to get through your sickness (or what caused it?)? Hopefully wont have to find out what it's like to be sick so far from home especially during hunting days, but if there are tips to get better faster it would be worth remembering

Great report and great animals. Congratulations on an awesome hunt. Glad you were able to work through being sick. That is always a worry of mine before any big travel.

Beautiful trophies. Congrats on a great hunt. I'm sure that its one you'll always remember. It is very tough to get sick and just not feel well when hunting. Glad you made it through it.
Bruce

Phenomenal hunt buddy!!! You sure had the opportunity to see and take some of Africa’s most sought after animals!! Bravo!!!

Congrats for a great adventure Philip (y)

You had a hard time, but were rewarded by very good trophies.

Congrats on some fine animals! Thanks for the report, did you use your R8 exclusively and the .375?

These areas are unsafe , but in Africa you only see the danger when it is already there. What the people tell you on place is a lie , anyway. Collaboration with the enemy is great. In terms of security , you can also forget the local armies and police. There is a reason why France has to deploy troops in west and central Africa, among others.

I don't understand that there are still outfitters that take a risk with their customers. Don't believe that the french army will always sacrifice soldiers to rescue careless tourists like in Benin.
Its a level 2 country for Americans with some level 3 areas. I guess I have spent too much of my professional life banging around the amber colored areas of the world to automatically strike any such destination off my hunting list. Bob Kern of the Hunting Consortium is one of the best, most experienced, and most trusted agents in the business. Pretty sure he hasn't lost a client to a revolution yet.

Fabulous set of animals @Philip Glass . You could not improve upon that ancient buffalo, and no words truly describe a LDE. Your bull is magnificent.

Did you travel with an antibiotic? I have been hit with bugs as bad as Shigella Dysentery over the years and never leave home without a couple of courses of gorillacillin (usually Cipro) in my carry-on. Glad you mended quickly.

That R8 is a pretty nice rifle isn't it!

Any tips on what you did/took to get through your sickness (or what caused it?)? Hopefully wont have to find out what it's like to be sick so far from home especially during hunting days, but if there are tips to get better faster it would be worth remembering
I never ever go to Africa, South America, or Asia without a general purpose antibiotic - usually two courses worth. Cipro will cure almost anything.

Missed you at DSC this year. Now I know why.

Glad you survived the crud. It is never fun getting sick, especially when away from home.

When reading hunting reports there always seems to be an animal or two that are very average. Not here. Your animals are fantastic. All are top trophies.

Thanks for sharing your memories with us.

Outstanding!

Outstanding hunt and adventure.
Congratulations

Hi Phillip!
Great hunt and great report, congratulations!

Question:
What are the security risks, threats, or concerns on the ground in Cameroon?
Or which parts of the country could be considered risky?

If you had a chance to discuss with PH?

Hi Phillip!
Great hunt and great report, congratulations!

Question:
What are the security risks, threats, or concerns on the ground in Cameroon?
Or which parts of the country could be considered risky?

If you had a chance to discuss with PH?
Go to the link in post 23 above. State Dept.

What a great safari Philip! Way to hang in there and persevere! I ALWAYS enjoy your stories and success.

Other than the group you saw when you got your roan, did you see any others?

Excellent Report and even greater trophies! Congrats on a productive Savannah Safari. The LDE is magnificent but I’ve never seen a Red Flanked Duiker that big, he’s impressive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cazhino90

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg