Blaser S2

mikecatt13

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Well...I've been absent from these forums for a while due to a combination of initially being terribly disappointed at having to postpone my first safari and also getting insanely busy with projects.

The safari is rescheduled, fingers are crossed, and I'm back to this great community. Thought I would throw out some info on the S2. Today was the first time I attempted to regulate my S2. The 470NE barrels shoot well (around 2moa at 100 from barrel to barrel), didnt have to touch them but will work up a custom load before I take them on safari.

Found a .30-06 set shortly after I bought the gun, and thought I would use it for deer this year. Factory ammo. As anticipated, the groups for each barrel are great, but the right barrel hit a good 4 inches right at 100 yds after first shots. I have to say the self regulation of these guns, while not "traditional" is AWESOME! In just a few minutes and less than 10 rounds between both barrels, this is the 3 shot result 2 from the left 1 from the right at 100yds.

Absolutely loving this gun, especially the accuracy you can get out of a double. I will be regulating and load developing the .375HH barrels over the winter and will update that process as it's a bit different than the smaller, 30-06 barrels.

20201111_151357.jpg
20191210_161925.jpg
20191210_161848.jpg
received_1013484205688772.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful wood and engraving on the rifle.
Happy to hear it's shooting well for you.

I have shot a bunch of game with mine in both .375 and 30-06. The "smart" fellows in the outdoor press who are then mimicked around camp fires, nearly all of whom never used one but followed the lead of Terry Wieland, hated it. The best I can tell it was criticized simply because it wasn't traditional and had a different manual of arms allowing it to be used differently and far more universally than a "proper" British rifle.

Guilty on all counts and thank goodness it is. Just a shame that it was run off the market by those traditionalists.

With mine, I have taken game from 30 feet to nearly 300 yards - from duiker to cape buffalo. It is designed to effectively employ a scope, and yet that scope can be instantly dismounted to exploit the excellent open sights during a follow-up.

Simply an amazing rifle that deserved a better fate. Congrats on yours.

It’s funny that this thread appears, I’m in the process of purchasing one and just last night discussed the merits of these rifles with @Red Leg

It’s funny that this thread appears, I’m in the process of purchasing one and just last night discussed the merits of these rifles with @Red Leg
You will love it! It's my first double so I admittedly havent handled the "traditional ones" but it fits well, balances and points nice, and the triggers are excellent. I personally like the decocker/safety and dont find it difficult to deal with at all, even that it goes to safe when the barrels break. And of course ease mounting a scope and accuracy is great. Good luck with your purchase and enjoy it!

OK, you just made me guilty of covetousness

What a handsome work of art!

What a handsome work of art!
I guess I didnt post this part in this thread but I found some pictures of it just on google images when researching, liked the different receiver color and like 5 minutes later decided I had to have it. So I tracked down the webpage, then the dealer who sold it last, then had them make an offer to the person they sold it to...and here we are Haha

I guess I didnt post this part in this thread but I found some pictures of it just on google images when researching, liked the different receiver color and like 5 minutes later decided I had to have it. So I tracked down the webpage, then the dealer who sold it last, then had them make an offer to the person they sold it to...and here we are Haha
I have no clue of the cost of these, but it sure is fine looking and obviously it shoots well!
I am going to enjoy your next hunt report! Please be sure to have this handsome piece in your pictures of your trophies. Ha! You can leave your mug out! Just kidding!

I have no clue of the cost of these, but it sure is fine looking and obviously it shoots well!
I am going to enjoy your next hunt report! Please be sure to have this handsome piece in your pictures of your trophies. Ha! You can leave your mug out! Just kidding!
The scimitar oryx was my first animal with it last winter, notice the picture includes gorgeous animal and gun and no ugly mug

I think just the .375HH the first trip. Main focus is leopard. Hopefully dik dik, kudu, and whatever else we find lol. Will have my wifes R8 in .300WM for anything that might be a poke for the .375
You may want to stick with the 300WM for Leopard.
Mount a good scope with an illuminated reticle on the R8.
Many others here recommend .30 to .338 caliber for Leopard.
375 will do it for a one gun safari.
But for a dedicated Leopard hunt...300WM is perfect.

You may want to stick with the 300WM for Leopard.
Mount a good scope with an illuminated reticle on the R8.
Many others here recommend .30 to .338 caliber for Leopard.
375 will do it for a one gun safari.
But for a dedicated Leopard hunt...300WM is perfect.
May take the 30-06 barrels.

I want to shoot my dangerous game with my double. I did pretty extensive research on it before the trip got postponed, several PHs have had really good luck with leopard and .375 using something like an accubond that expands more rapidly vs the retention of the aframes which I'll be using for plains game

May take the 30-06 barrels.

I want to shoot my dangerous game with my double. I did pretty extensive research on it before the trip got postponed, several PHs have had really good luck with leopard and .375 using something like an accubond that expands more rapidly vs the retention of the aframes which I'll be using for plains game
Can't blame you for wanting the double for DG.
Good luck with it.

...The best I can tell it was criticized simply because it wasn't traditional and had a different manual of arms allowing it to be used differently and far more universally than a "proper" British rifle.

Guilty on all counts and thank goodness it is. Just a shame that it was run off the market by those traditionalists.

Other than auto safety similar to field shotguns, what other differences were there for manual of arms?

Other than auto safety similar to field shotguns, what other differences were there for manual of arms?

an elongated and extended mono bloc
an extended and contemporary trigger guard
europecan continental stock dimensions
an interesting non-traditional regulating wedge
barrels relieved for scope rings on the mono bloc rather than a quarter rib
an unusual lock-up with a visible square block on the breech face
use of modern torx screws rather than traditional screws

modern innovation of a traditional technology will always ruffle some feathers

Those are technical differences though, rather than manual of arms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg