Blaser Rifles

As I am sure you know, that is because it is not actually a safety. It is a cocking slide, so it takes a bit more force to bring the firing spring to full cock. One does become accustomed to it.
Yes, I have a full understanding (now) of how the Blaser system works.
Which is why I'm in it up to my eyeballs...the wife loves it.
The pretty wood, interchangeable calibers, the operating system and being able to shoot 22lr for practice.
Should be a done deal by the end of January or so.
Thinking 2 rifles with 4 barrels for us to share.

For those of you with Blasers and have taken them to Africa, if you took multiple barrels, did you encounter any problems explaining one action with two or three different caliber barrels?

For those of you with Blasers and have taken them to Africa, if you took multiple barrels, did you encounter any problems explaining one action with two or three different caliber barrels?
Never.

If going to South Africa, you list both barrels (they have there own serial numbers), and in Mozambique, I have only ever had the action number checked.

Yes, I have a full understanding (now) of how the Blaser system works.
Which is why I'm in it up to my eyeballs...the wife loves it.
The pretty wood, interchangeable calibers, the operating system and being able to shoot 22lr for practice.
Should be a done deal by the end of January or so.
Thinking 2 rifles with 4 barrels for us to share.
Can’t wait to see what you get! I’m finally shooting mine with both barrels.

Never.

If going to South Africa, you list both barrels (they have there own serial numbers), and in Mozambique, I have only ever had the action number checked.
Red Leg,
So on the 4457 you listed the rifle as multi caliber with it’s serial number then each barrel number and their calibers? I am only taking one barrel to Cameroon so I’ve not done it for two barrels yet.
Philip

Red Leg,
So on the 4457 you listed the rifle as multi caliber with it’s serial number then each barrel number and their calibers? I am only taking one barrel to Cameroon so I’ve not done it for two barrels yet.
Philip
Exactly.

Can’t wait to see what you get! I’m finally shooting mine with both barrels.
Was just talking to Euro Optic today about our order as we have a few special requests.
We are planning on a set with an Intuition stock for her and a Professional for me.
The Intuition will be opened up to accept semi-weight (19mm) barrels and mine opened up to take the Safari 22mm.
Getting 4 calibers - 22lr (kit), 300WM (19mm), 375H&H (19mm) & 416RM (only made in 22mm).
I will be able to shoot them all and she will only be left out on the 416 which she wouldn't shoot anyway.
Although she has taken a fondness to shooting the 375...

At least this is the plan at this moment.
We shall see how it goes...will keep you posted.

You can always get a second forend for her rifle if she decides she wants to use the 416 after all.

Was just talking to Euro Optic today about our order as we have a few special requests.
We are planning on a set with an Intuition stock for her and a Professional for me.
The Intuition will be opened up to accept semi-weight (19mm) barrels and mine opened up to take the Safari 22mm.
Getting 4 calibers - 22lr (kit), 300WM (19mm), 375H&H (19mm) & 416RM (only made in 22mm).
I will be able to shoot them all and she will only be left out on the 416 which she wouldn't shoot anyway.
Although she has taken a fondness to shooting the 375...

At least this is the plan at this moment.
We shall see how it goes...will keep you posted.
She will be perfectly armed with her .375 (as would you(y)).

You can always get a second forend for her rifle if she decides she wants to use the 416 after all.
She will be perfectly armed with her .375 (as would you(y)).
Thanks guys.
She's a trooper and I believe will really enjoy the 375 in a rifle that fits her properly.

I could not believe how easily the Professional came up and pointed for me with the irons, like a shotgun...amazing.
That is what truly sold me.
For my wife, it was the wood...of course it was...it's always the wood. ;)

Gentleman - I'm about to add a 375 HH barrel and will use it for Cape buffalo and bear. I've never hunted either species and was curious if you all recommended having iron sights on the barrel. As I recall, the consensus among the group is to buy the lighter weight shorter barrel. I plan to use a 1x6 Leupold Fire dot as the optics. Thanks as always for the advice.

Gentleman - I'm about to add a 375 HH barrel and will use it for Cape buffalo and bear. I've never hunted either species and was curious if you all recommended having iron sights on the barrel. As I recall, the consensus among the group is to buy the lighter weight shorter barrel. I plan to use a 1x6 Leupold Fire dot as the optics. Thanks as always for the advice.
The standard sporter weight barrel has great open sights and makes up into a wonderfully accurate and transportable rifle.

No.
Open sights and iron sights are for all intents and purposes, the same.
They look like this.
Safari_Lauf_02.jpg

Attachments

• Safari_Lauf_02.jpg
    Safari_Lauf_02.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 96
I recommend the optional HIVIZ sights offered by Blaser. They are much better, especially in poorer light. I have swapped all of mine out.

I'M A LEFTY AND MY SON A RIGHTY. DESPITE THE "SCAREY" STORIES ON THE INTERNET WE HAVE SHARED A R93 WITH A COUPLE STOCKS AND A HANDFUL OF BARRELS FOR MANY YEARS WITHOUT A COMPLAINT. IT IS A GREAT RIFLE AND AS IT HAS SO MANY WONDERFUL MEMORIES ASSOSIATED WITH IT I CANT BRING MYSELF TO SPEND THE MONEY TO REPLACE IT WITH AN R8. IT WILL BE HEADED BACK TO RSA NEXT YEAR WITH MY SON SPORTING A .300 WSM BARREL WE HAD BORED OUT TO A .358 WSM. YOU SHOULD LOVE THE R8

I'M A LEFTY AND MY SON A RIGHTY. DESPITE THE "SCAREY" STORIES ON THE INTERNET WE HAVE SHARED A R93 WITH A COUPLE STOCKS AND A HANDFUL OF BARRELS FOR MANY YEARS WITHOUT A COMPLAINT. IT IS A GREAT RIFLE AND AS IT HAS SO MANY WONDERFUL MEMORIES ASSOSIATED WITH IT I CANT BRING MYSELF TO SPEND THE MONEY TO REPLACE IT WITH AN R8. IT WILL BE HEADED BACK TO RSA NEXT YEAR WITH MY SON SPORTING A .300 WSM BARREL WE HAD BORED OUT TO A .358 WSM. YOU SHOULD LOVE THE R8
You may want to check into a few things...
If it was rechambered, make sure it has been marked properly 358WSM.
A barrel marked 300WSM with ammo marked 358WSM will not make it into the country.
You are not allowed to bring ammo other than the caliber(s) of the rifle(s) you are bringing.
They will most likely take the ammo and leave you with a 358WSM that you can't find ammo for...at least not at a reasonable price.

Also, your CAPS LOCK button may be on, or your pinky is getting really tired of holding down the "shift" button.

You may want to check into a few things...
If it was rechambered, make sure it has been marked properly 358WSM.
A barrel marked 300WSM with ammo marked 358WSM will not make it into the country.
You are not allowed to bring ammo other than the caliber(s) of the rifle(s) you are bringing.
They will most likely take the ammo and leave you with a 358WSM that you can't find ammo for...at least not at a reasonable price.

Also, your CAPS LOCK button may be on, or your pinky is getting really tired of holding down the "shift" button.
TYPE WITH MY TRIGGER FINGER, IT IS THE ONLY WAY I ROLL, SORRY IF IT HURTS YOUR EYES!
THE BARREL HAS BEEN REBRANDED / LASERED AS A .358 WSM SO THINK WE SHOULD BE O.K.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg