Black Wildebeest Pictures Needed

This measuring stuff has a down side. Don't knock your trophy because of numbers!

Didn't measure this one - I don't take along a tape measure. Can measure in a couple of months when it gets back.

africa III 831.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Pictures of one we took last trip. Did not have it scored but he is pretty good one.

GEDC0983.JPG
GEDC0986.JPG

This measuring stuff has a down side. Don't knock your trophy because of numbers!

not so much the numbers part. The sunlight was shining just so on the horns that he looked to have quite the pair on his head. He turned out to be a young'n. Great memory just the same.

We drove around for about twenty minutes trying to find him after the shot. Patrick's son, Valdo, was the first to spot it. He was jumping and pointing and shouting when he saw it. I let him get the first picture with the trophy.
DSC_0117.JPG
DSC_0128.JPG
20140924_143545.jpg
DSC05240.JPG

NW 2009, never got to measure it.

800_IMG_0147copiaR.jpg

Attachments

• 800_IMG_0147copiaR.jpg
    800_IMG_0147copiaR.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 98
Those things do have a lot of ground shrink! Posing well for the pictures makes them look bigger again. My wife absolutely loved hunting them and was really laughing her ass off at the situation as they kept completely destroying the PH's plan on how to get close enough to shoot one! They marched for miles after a group of 7 nice bulls and never got a shot. I think the PH even threw his sticks on the ground at one point and it make Ann laugh all the more.. Which frustrated him more and made her laugh more! I was way off watching through binos and could not figure out what was going on.. Looked like he was doing a rain dance or some wildebeest dance or something? No success that day so off for zebra and bush buck the next and then retuned 2 days later and she got one of a group of 3 within a half hour. Hunters luck!

Those critters are amazing! They have evolved to throw smoke bombs to cover their retreat! (at least a mother nature version of a smoke bomb)... They run in a figure 8 until they kick up a big dust cloud and then run away on the other side of that while the dumb first time African hunters are wondering what the hell is going on and just what the PH is talking about!

Hi Brickburn,

Here you go!
P1000696.JPG

And after taxidermy:
Black Wildebeest Nam 2012.JPG

Score: 72 3/8 SCI

Thanks everyone. Keep them coming.

Anybody with some of these critters on the hoof?

From AH Photo Gallery…

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the black wildebeest I shot last year in Namibia. I don't have the measurements off hand but he is pretty good
IMG_2490.JPG

Gotta says that Gun Rack idea caught my eye.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tope

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!