Big Bore Addiction Group

Can I prod the swarm knowledge?
I need to replace the stock on my FN Mauser in 375 Ruger and have been offered a Bell and carlson. What is the experience with B&C in medium heavy recoiling rifles and is it just a drop in or would you bed it as well? I don't think it will need the recoil lug that my old wood stock had.

They are plug and play. Drop the barreled action in. They have aluminum Pilar’s and are a lot of bang for the buck

Can I prod the swarm knowledge?
I need to replace the stock on my FN Mauser in 375 Ruger and have been offered a Bell and carlson. What is the experience with B&C in medium heavy recoiling rifles and is it just a drop in or would you bed it as well? I don't think it will need the recoil lug that my old wood stock had.
Good to Go.
I was not a fan of synthetic stocks, but I bought a custom Santa Barbara M98 in .416 Taylor with all the appropriate African gunsmithing. NECG banded front sight, NECG barrel Band swivel, NECG island rear sight.
Bedded in a Bell and Carlson stock gray with black accents, with aluminum pillars.
I did not like the look, but then shot it extensively.
Convinced this B&C stock worked and worked well. Accurate, didn't drift in our South Louisiana humidity, and recoil was slight.

Buy with confidence and get a good gunsmith to carefully bed. It won't be much work.

looks like other than getting Ralf MArtini to make me a 6000$ custom job, my best bet is B&C. Thanks for the comments!

I just feel I need to again thank all my AH enablers for my big bore addiction!!! I kid you not i have recently recruited my elbow surgeon who reattached my bicep tendon from last years bad fall in Africa…he is now buying his first big bore rifle…I know all of you are so proud of me for sharing our sickness!!! lol!!!

looks like other than getting Ralf MArtini to make me a 6000$ custom job, my best bet is B&C. Thanks for the comments!

If you want you could look at McMillan stocks. I have one on my CZ550 in 416 Rigby and am very happy with it. As you already have the B&C stock I would stay with that.

Finally got around to taking some not great photos of my Brockman custom marlin 45-70 that came over in Same shipment as my cz 416 rigby and a few other toys...

20240422_160420.jpg

20240422_160550.jpg

20240422_160618.jpg

Sliding trap door with 4 extra rounds

20240422_160717.jpg

20240422_160737.jpg

20240422_160750.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.