Best looking stock

This is probably the nicest stock I have, clothing a Dumoulin Centurion in 7x64

IMG_5469.jpg
 
My CZ-550 has beautiful wood for being a mass-produced rifle. I'll have to post pictures of some of my Weatherbys. :sneaky:

CZ.jpeg


This is my Weatherby Athena IV. Not the greatest picture, this shotgun has a beautiful stock.

1684759073748.png
 
What was the story surrounding this one? I can't find the original post, so please forgive me if it is your's.
This I would rate as SPECTACULAR, the best stock I have ever seen.
View attachment 535227
The accent behind the pistol grip pretty much identifies it as one of the Ferlach school of stock shaping. I think they refer to that as a "bowtie" without which "it looks incomplete" according to Mssr. Borovnik.
I hope the grain turns through the pistol gip or it might be prone to breakage?
 
The Blaser R8 of my bride...
1684778942215.png

And the Blaser F3 she bought me...
1684779040087.png
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2023-05-23 at 8.20.49 AM Large.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2023-05-23 at 8.20.49 AM Large.jpeg
    261.8 KB · Views: 225
  • Screen Shot 2023-05-23 at 8.20.50 AM Large.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2023-05-23 at 8.20.50 AM Large.jpeg
    228.5 KB · Views: 243
  • Screen Shot 2023-05-23 at 8.20.51 AM Large.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2023-05-23 at 8.20.51 AM Large.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 192
  • Screen Shot 2023-05-23 at 8.20.53 AM Large.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2023-05-23 at 8.20.53 AM Large.jpeg
    170.8 KB · Views: 263
My restocked .475 double...turkish walnut..

.475 stock.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,424
Messages
1,575,862
Members
170,410
Latest member
peaceandwar
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top