Best looking stock

Here’s the timber off my 1989 Dakota in 280 Rem and Heym 88 in 500 NE
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4910.jpeg
    IMG_4910.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 222
  • 66960270091__C1B1A7DC-A0DB-4E04-AADA-55DD55D94E4A.jpeg
    66960270091__C1B1A7DC-A0DB-4E04-AADA-55DD55D94E4A.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 227
I don't really like shiny, but someone (Leupold?) needs to make at least one glossy black, good quality, versatile scope, to mount on shiny rifles.
 
Agreed. They really are beautiful! I had the clear epoxy-like coating crack on that rifle during a bison hunt. -20 degrees Fahrenheit is unkind to anything.


I'm not surprised. I've never hunted when it was that cold.

I'll be hunting high country elk in Wyoming in late October this year, but I will (more than likely) be carrying a Euromark in .300 Wby Mag. (Unless I'm so old and worn out, that I have to drop back to an ultra-light, synthetic stock rifle (god forbid).
 
Timber has life; even though it was felled, Quarter-sawn (I HOPE!) and laid up 20, 50, 100 years ago, it still shows through. There are planks in my house floor, that despite over 60 years of wear and tear still show through...
 
Natural light makes a big difference in appearance. My R8 Jaeger and sunlight highlighting the most dramatic fiddlleback I have come across.

BA31CC12-77F1-4A79-9BFA-69996E12FDDE.jpeg
01D8B602-CF01-4468-A3D8-A8DDD384C609.jpeg
E40826A4-D426-4BA0-9FD5-D32C91E12F0E.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,456
Messages
1,576,731
Members
170,621
Latest member
Tahlia4073
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top