Back from Safari But No Rifle

SWARA

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Im just back from a hunt in South Africa. Flew South African Airways.
I got back home to Kenya after hunting in South Africa and guess what, my firearm didn't arrive in Nairobi.
I waited for it for a while to be offloaded as I normally do and asked the ground staff of South African Airlines but after much running around we discover it is seemingly was not on the flight. No one can tell me for sure, I just know I don't have my rifle.
What a frustrating end to a hunt.. Anyway I am up this morning making calls trying to find out where it is... Grrrr..

I feel your frustration ! Hope it ends well .
Glen

That would be a very depressing situation! Keep hammering on them about it! Best of luck!

Good luck in getting your rifle

That stinks, hope you get it back soon. Hope the hunt well well!

I've had airlines "loose" my luggage a number of times. It generally shows up in a day or two. I hope this will be the case with your rifle.

Hope they find it soon!

That happened to me on a connection in Switzerland, but I did get it the next day.

Go ahead & get a "claim" going for lost luggage...... Do not omit or underestimate one thing. Cost of case, gun, scope, rings, bases, sling, etc. retail price.

I think you'll be surprised how quick it turns up.

My bow was lost on my last return from safari, but I was able to get it three days later, luckily.

keep punching.

Thanks Guys,,, Gun and Ammon, Still a no show... 2 trips to the airport in traffic, 2 hours each way and another hour at the airport each time. Well that was my day...
Finally told they found it... Hope to get it tomorrow in one piece... At least I decided to take a Pelican case rather than one of the lighter cases I have.. So hope its safe in there...

Reactions: PLM
Thanks Guys,,, Gun and Ammon, Still a no show... 2 trips to the airport in traffic, 2 hours each way and another hour at the airport each time. Well that was my day...
Finally told they found it... Hope to get it tomorrow in one piece... At least I decided to take a Pelican case rather than one of the lighter cases I have.. So hope its safe in there...

Sounds like progress at least. Hope it turns up and in good shape.

Im just back from a hunt in South Africa. Flew South African Airways.
I got back home to Kenya after hunting in South Africa and guess what, my firearm didn't arrive in Nairobi.
I waited for it for a while to be offloaded as I normally do and asked the ground staff of South African Airlines but after much running around we discover it is seemingly was not on the flight. No one can tell me for sure, I just know I don't have my rifle.
What a frustrating end to a hunt.. Anyway I am up this morning making calls trying to find out where it is... Grrrr..

40 years ago who would have thought that Kenyan's would go to South Africa to hunt. Back then Kenya was teeming with game and South Africa had very little. It was South African's that hunted in Kenya. South Africa supported and opened up hunting and wild life flourished. Kenya banned hunting and wildlife was decimated. Go figure.

Sorry for being off topic. An old geezer's mind just wonders at times?!?!?!

Hope you get your firearm back soon.

Here's hoping it makes its way tomorrow.

I hope you get it tomorrow. How frustrating. I had the airlines loose a pistol of mine once. I got it back two days later but I was mad as a hornet.

I found a product called "luggage loc" spelling worked good for me last year. Holds a charge for 15 days and was able to track my gun case last year where ever I or the case was. Load off my mind.

Another trip back to the Airport and the rifle arrived all safe and sound...
Was worried that there might have been some damage as the case was a little knocked but all ok... At least it was on the way back after the Hunt and not before.
@Wheels, Your right Kenya has messed up on its wildlife management and they just threw away the key and believed in the philosophy of locking your wildlife up and everything would be Ok.. All wildlife in Kenya still belongs to the state and we practice non consumptive management (no real management that is), in fact so much money has changed hands to keep hunters out of Kenya. I can remember huge amounts of game roaming around 35 years ago but today little exists outside of private conservancies. While in South Africa they have embraced wildlife management practices that are at the opposite end of the spectrum and the results are there for people to see. At least for those that are not blind...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross