AH Get Together In Dallas During Dallas Safari Club (DSC) Convention 2014

Bring a coat to DSC

Better bring a coat and longies for the show It's going to be cold out there!

hi Cliffy,

I always have a few coats of different thickness along.

Okay folks, I have finalized the numbers now for 49 guests. For each guest, the price of the dinner is $33. This is a little bit higher than what I had targeted for. The reason for this is simple, we had even more sign up than I thought we would. As a result our sponsor dollars are spread that much more thinly. There is still a chance of some more sponsor dollars coming in, but at this point I need to presume that what we have now is what we'll have come Friday evening.

Please also understand that this includes chips/salsa, dinner buffet, 2 drink tickets per guest, tax, tip, service charge and room fee. If you plan on no more than two drinks then $33 is all in.

The dinner buffet includes Garden Salad, Tequila Glazed Shrimp Skewers, Tequila Ginger Chicken, Tournedos de Tejas (seasoned beef medallions) with Green Chile Mashed Potatoes and Asparagus Spears.

Please, please, please plan to bring cash to pay for your party. I cannot accept credit cards obviously and I think it would be exceedingly difficult to have the restaurant apply your card to our bill. My lovely wife bought me an iPad for Christmas this year and I have a spreadsheet worked up on it that I will use to keep track of who has paid.

If you would like to avoid the rush at the restaurant and come by the HartzView Safaris booth to pay prior to Friday night, please feel free to do so.

Our official start time is 6:30pm, but I'm planning on having dinner served at 7pm. There will be a table at the entrance to our room for checking in. If you haven't already paid for dinner, this will be the time to do so on arrival. If you have already paid, please check in at this table as we'll be distributing name tags.

Finally in the interest of transparency, if any of you have any questions as to how the numbers worked out please feel free to ask me at the convention. I have a total cost breakdown provided by the Iron Cactus and a spreadsheet which shows how it that breaks down to a per guest cost. This is all on my iPad which I will have with me.

Looking forward on seeing all of you guys in a couple of days!

Hey Phil.....Just found out that Grant had trouble obtaining his Visa in time to make DSC. He won't be attending Friday night. I might be able to fill his slot though. I'll let you know. I'll still be helping Joe Denby out at Grant's booth (3855) if anybody wants to come by.

Hey Phil.....Just found out that Grant had trouble obtaining his Visa in time to make DSC. He won't be attending Friday night. I might be able to fill his slot though. I'll let you know. I'll still be helping Joe Denby out at Grant's booth (3855) if anybody wants to come by.

Please try to fill the spot. We can no longer reduce the count and therefore I'm still on the hook for that payment.

Please try to fill the spot. We can no longer reduce the count and therefore I'm still on the hook for that payment.

No worries...I'll pick up the spot if I can't fill it.:beer:.....of course that means I get the two drink tickets! :draught: :whoo:

Okay we now have two spots open. If you have any extra folks you want to invite, please contact me. Either PM me here, find me at the HartzView booth or call/text me on my cell.

Cell: 480-861-9232

Catching the plane tomorrow to see you guys....ya'll obviously need some adult supervision. Safe traveling for everybody.

Okay we now have two spots open. If you have any extra folks you want to invite, please contact me. Either PM me here, find me at the HartzView booth or call/text me on my cell.

Cell: 480-861-9232

Make that 4 spots open.

Agh guy in an unexpected turn of events I am being forced to have dinner elsewhere, it is seriously disappointing for me but I will gladly cover our costs...

Phoenix are I am in v10,11 I will also try to locate you to sort all

I do apologize for this guys and find it disappointing. :(

My best always.

Agh guy in an unexpected turn of events I am being forced to have dinner elsewhere, it is seriously disappointing for me but I will gladly cover our costs...

Phoenix are I am in v10,11 I will also try to locate you to sort all

I do apologize for this guys and find it disappointing. :(

My best always.

You suck!........Where ever you'll be, I'm sure we will be having more fun!.........Just "jacking" with ya. Things happen when you have to run a business! We'll miss having you there Jaco. I'll give you more hell at the show. :tongue:

just back from DSC. AH dinner

Almost 50 of us met at 7pm for a grand time Still
going strong when I left at. 830. Those who didn't
make it missed out on a fun evening

Yep it was a great time indeed! Really nice to put names to faces now. Hats off to Phil and all others involved in the planning! Wife and I are already looking forward to next year....

Ann and I had a wonderful evening. It was great to meet all of you. And, thanks Phil for all of your hard work and making the evening a joy for all of us.

I enjoyed meeting everyone, too. Great time, thanks again Phil, Cliffy and whoever else that may have been involved putting it together!

And thanks to Jacques Spamer and the HartzView crew for sponsoring the bar (for those like me that exceeded their two drink tickets):beer:

Yes, it was a great time. My wife enjoyed very much. It was great connecting. Thanks Phil, Cliffy & Hartzview Crew!

Just flew in and home safe. I had a blast! It was great to meet everyone. Really enjoyed the company with the Hartzview guys. I'm sure glad I didn't drink past my two limit :wink2: I think I got back to Hotel after 12 am...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg