AH Dinners for both DSC & SCI 2026

It would be nice just to be able to ID other AH members on the convention floor. No secret handshakes or creepy winks and eye movement!:unsure:
 
Just received a text this morning that Marius @HUNTROMANIA will be attending the SCI with his wife and would like to attend the Dinner/Get Together.

If you've ever considered a hunt for huge Stags, Brown Bear, Chamois or Roe Deer in Romania, this would be a fantastic opportunity chat with Marius.

Both @tinktink12 and I hunted with Marius in September and October 2025, and it turned out to be one of our favorite hunts.
 
I can't remember replying to this thread in the past so I'll do it now...
Denvir Tire plus one attending in Nashville
 
AH Dinner update for DSC Atlanta.

No big deal, I paid $150 to reserve a large private room for all at our AH dinner at DSC Atlanta as follows:
LOCATION: No Mas Cantina, 180 Walker Street SW, Atlanta, GA 30313, 404-574-5678
The restaurant is right down from the World Congress Center so close to venue.
Free parking in the back of the restaurant.
DATE: Friday Night February 6, 2026, from 6-10.
DETAILS: Each person pays for their own food and drinks. I will have a sign directing all AH to our
room. I also will have plastic name tags with markers. Please put your real name and AH
name...they will not come off like the stick-on tags.

So looking forward to seeing everyone!!!!!

Now I just need to finish up our dinner for SCI and we are in business!!!!
Sorry Just found out about this AH event at DSC and I would love to join in! I'm volunteering at the conventions as well. Still at No Mas Cantina? Great place.
 
Gents, what is the present plan for hats at SCI? Dinner isn't until Friday night, but hats are to help identify other forum members on the convention floor?

My misses has to stay back unfortunately, so I'm flying solo this year. Arriving Tuesday evening, so planned to hit the convention at least Wednesday and Thursday when might prove less busy and better able to visit with outfitters and manufacturers on my list. Friday may just get steps in walking the convention floor doing laps between the bars, unless I find something else to do or see in Nashville.

Will absolutely attend the Friday Forum dinner, but not sure that a hat at the dinner will help folks identify me on Saturday. Not scheduled to fly out until early Sunday, but may move it up to Saturday depending on how the week unfolds and anything I still needed to see or do.

Excited to meet folks.
W
 
Gents, what is the present plan for hats at SCI? Dinner isn't until Friday night, but hats are to help identify other forum members on the convention floor?

My misses has to stay back unfortunately, so I'm flying solo this year. Arriving Tuesday evening, so planned to hit the convention at least Wednesday and Thursday when might prove less busy and better able to visit with outfitters and manufacturers on my list. Friday may just get steps in walking the convention floor doing laps between the bars, unless I find something else to do or see in Nashville.

Will absolutely attend the Friday Forum dinner, but not sure that a hat at the dinner will help folks identify me on Saturday. Not scheduled to fly out until early Sunday, but may move it up to Saturday depending on how the week unfolds and anything I still needed to see or do.

Excited to meet folks.
W

Initially, members would bring items to raffle off at the Dinner, and I decided to see if Africa Hunting hats were a possibility. I got permission to have a batch of hats made to give away at last years dinner, and ended up seeing quite a few guys on the Convention floor wearing the hat I had given them the night before.

This year I'll have over 50 Africa Hunting hats to give away at the dinner on Friday, so most that want one will have a chance to get one. Between the AH hats I gave at the dinner last year, the AH hats I've sent to Rare Breed to give away at DSC, and the AH hats that will be given away at the Friday night dinner, there will be well over 100 that have been given to members.

Last year I spotted @Philip Glass, who at the time was talking with Dalton Tink and York Mare, and forced an AH hat upon him.

You'll see more than one or two folks wearing them at the Convention on Saturday, possibly some of our website sponsors at their booths.
 
Good Day Rare Breed

Thank you very much for setting up the SCI Dinner.

Rouan and Brandon will attend.

Looking forward to meeting old friends and making new ones!

Regards

Rouan
 
SCI really hit the nail on the head when they chose Nashville.

The Grand O'l Opry is a must see, and I wish the Convention was a week later so @tinktink12 and I could go to this show.

The "Brother where art Thou" Bluegrass show with Allison Krauss, Emmylou Harris, Sarah Jarosz, as well as Tim Blake Nelson and Chris Thomas King, who starred in the film.

download (20).jpeg


 
I just learned that I have to take my dad in for a medical procedure tomorrow.

I hate that I will miss the dinner in Atlanta.

Maybe next year.



I hope everyone has a great time!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,286
Messages
1,571,714
Members
169,399
Latest member
JulianePon
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top