A view from my back door...

Pheroze

AH ambassador
Joined
Jul 6, 2013
Messages
5,574
Reaction score
9,982
Location
Ontario
Media
100
Articles
32
Hunting reports
Africa
2
USA/Canada
6
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
Yes, in case you were wondering, it is illegal to hunt within city limts.
20211121_162715.jpg
20211121_162705.jpg
 
"Self defense" might be in order. Looks like he is about to make an unlawful entry into your backyard. ;)

I get deer in my backyard. It's just fun to set and watch them.

Your deer are much more impressive than mine. What a buck.
 
We bumped this fella about a week ago when I was walking my dog in that green space behind us. He gave chase and came back about 30 minutes later. Poor guy spent the next two days nursing a nasty bruise on his nose and other sore spots lol.
 
I wouldn't take that buck. Too damn big to lift over the fence. :cool:
 
Had these two guys in our backyard chasing does for a few days. Picture taken a couple of weeks ago. Not the like the incredible specimen you have in Ontario, but this is pretty average for Northern Virginia. Apologies for the blurry cell phone photo.
1637531207898.png
 
Pheroze, depending on how close your neighbors live, cross bows are quiet. But I do share your consternation. Several years ago I had a 14 point buck chase a young doe through my backyard. The cops where I live turned down my offer to organize a bow hunt for for Grosse Ile residents only. By DNR count we have over 700 deer living on the island. The local police force now culls them with a silenced 223.
 
Pheroze, depending on how close your neighbors live, cross bows are quiet. But I do share your consternation. Several years ago I had a 14 point buck chase a young doe through my backyard. The cops where I live turned down my offer to organize a bow hunt for for Grosse Ile residents only. By DNR count we have over 700 deer living on the island. The local police force now culls them with a silenced 223.
Why not let hunters do the job and make some money off of it while they are at it?

Stupid politics that instead chooses to spend money hiring "professionals".
 
That’s a bruiser @Pheroze!!
Maybe get a permission for bow hunting? ;)
The local tribe, Haudenosaunee, hunt the conservation land near me. But, we are not allowed.
 
Looks like that buck is in a special regulations area, yours.
e-laugh.gif
 
You never hear much about deer in Ontario. Usually moose or black bear. Let those genetics spread rampant!
And then sneak him with a bow
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,307
Messages
1,572,359
Members
169,536
Latest member
KieranChap
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top